Bryans Clock with fruit dial

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
coppinpr

Re: Bryans Clock 12win Jackpot

Post by coppinpr »

That face is definitely not unknown, but I don't know when they were used.
Attachments
clock3.jpg
pauljt71

Re: Bryans Clock 12win Jackpot

Post by pauljt71 »

Interesting, so my clock face and single hand may be original for this particular model then...
brigham

Re: Bryans Clock with fruit dial

Post by brigham »

Presumably 'Glenvil' is the supplier of the conversion?
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

Seems crazy to me that Bryans would have dumbed down a Clock mech themselves like this. Forgetting the major part of the mech which is the "Tick-Tock" to replicate a real clock, there is the complication of the two hands running with both stopping on 12 for a jackpot. I can't believe Bryans would build all that mech and then not add the other hand!? And how do you know you were supposed to win a jackpot or not with only one hand?? Makes total sense though that this Glenvil was either offering the conversion or likely doing it himself. There were obviously tons of boring Clocks floating around England that had been in the market forever so a change like this would add some new life for sure.
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

I have one with both hands.
cjfenney

Post by cjfenney »

Sorry for jumping on this post, I have a Bryans Clock (standard face) and must admit I do like this fruit dial and wondered if anyone knew where I could source a replacement face from at all? !PUZZLED! TIA
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

cjfenney wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:45 pm Sorry for jumping on this post, I have a Bryans Clock (standard face) and must admit I do like this fruit dial and wondered if anyone knew where I could source a replacement face from at all? !PUZZLED! TIA
I did buy a spare one I think at a previous Coventry auction. Can try and get a better scan, I was going to do a cleaned up one in photoshop as well..
Attachments
7D0BA970-AA47-4ABB-87AB-D2D9F6499DFD.jpeg
cjfenney

Post by cjfenney »

Oh lovely, if you do manage to replicate it, definitely let me know and I'll happily buy one from you?
geordy55

Post by geordy55 »

cjfenney wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:05 pm Oh lovely, if you do manage to replicate it, definitely let me know and I'll happily buy one from you?
I’ll take one too, or I’m quite happy to do my own photoshopping, if you can provide a scan.