SPARES FOR BELL CASCADE 1P MACHINE

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
victoryv

SPARES FOR BELL CASCADE 1P MACHINE

Post by victoryv »

Hi
HAVING RECENTLY PURCHASED A BELL FRUIT CASCADE PENNY MACHINE, A DROP FRONT, I THINK, I URGETNLY NEED A SET OF TRIPS AND WHAT I CAN ONLY DESCRIBE AS THE COIN LAUNCHER WHICH THE PENNY COMES TO REST IN ON THE OUTER CASE, FOR TAPPING TO ACTIVATE THE GAME. CAN ANYONE HELP ME PLEASE?
bryansjim

Post by bryansjim »

Pennymachines is your man. Unfortunately I don't have his email address since my old computer went bang. Maybe the webmaster can help.
Regards
victoryv

Post by victoryv »

Many thanks, I have been trying to contact Pennymachines, without any success as yet. I'll try the webmaster as you suggest.
Thanks again. Vic
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Sorry about the delay. I should have these by the end of the week. I'll keep you posted.
hankat

Post by hankat »

Have the same machine mine was also missing the coin pusher, got a pattern and had one made if you get stuck can probably remove mine and make a pattern for you in cardboard if its any help if you need any more info please contact kind regards trev
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Made my own trips

Post by badpenny »

I have a Cascade, which I stored away in perfect condition for a couple of years. Then when I went to get it I found that it had been moved and was no longer upright (damn fairies tidying up again) Consequently all the coins were everywhere except in their chutes, as a bonus it seemed that whilst re-arranging themselves they'd managed to dislodge two of the trips.
Naturally they were nowhere to be seen. 1np's everywhere but two trips gone!
As it had to come apart I took the opportunity to place one of the remaining trips in my wallet, and a few months later at a collector's fair I found a chromed key ring fob which when I compared it the trip in my wallet was the same thickness.
Using the trip as a pattern I outlined the shape onto the fob, and manfully approached my bench grinder. After an afternoon of stunning dexterity, I had managed to create two perfect trips, get through a box of plasters, spray blood up the walls and lose the tips of two fingers.
I defy anyone to identify them as not original and have the personal satisfaction of not having to worry about picking my nose in public.
victoryv

Post by victoryv »

hankat wrote:Have the same machine mine was also missing the coin pusher, got a pattern and had one made if you get stuck can probably remove mine and make a pattern for you in cardboard if its any help if you need any more info please contact kind regards trev
Hi Trev, that would be great, because I don't think I'll have much luck tracing one. If you're prepared to email me your email address, I'll send you my address. I really appreciate your kind offer! Thanks, Vic
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

I phoned today. They're still with the electroplaters.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Just to say - those trips arrived at last and are available on the Spares page.
(the ball bearings on this page will be measured and listed shortly).
jimmycowman

cascade

Post by jimmycowman »

There's a Cascade on ebay {180053499124}states its 1940s. He's had it 40 years been converted. Am I right I thought they were 1971 +?????
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Yes, you're right Jimmy.
Although similar games were made in Germany in the 1930s, the Cascade was made by the Bell-Fruit Manufacturing Co. Ltd. which wasn't formed until 1963. They're invariably designed to take the new penny, proving they don't predate the 1970s.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Bit confused I think

Post by badpenny »

He also claims he knows it's from the 1940s as it's been in his family 40 years. ERRR..........!!!!
Even without a calculator 2006 minus 40 wouldn't get you past the middle 1960s.
Interestingly he originally claimed it was converted by Bell Fruit after decimalisation. Then he decided it was made years before in anticipation of decimalisation.

A severe case of "marketing hype" or he's got a TARDIS !