Help on Extrawin

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
jimmycowman

Help on Extrawin

Post by jimmycowman »

Hi I've got a Kraft Automatics Extrawin the same as in Carters book, page 72, with the sealed rotor in the middle (the one for sale in the Market at the moment seems to be different, open rotor - why, I don't know?) Anyway, I'm missing some bits inside. Has anyone got a photo of the inside mech so I can make the bits? I'm told Mr pennymachines has one. Any help much appreciated,
Jimmy.
john t peterson

Post by john t peterson »

Jimmy, I have that exact machine. If you will send me your email address, I will send you some pictures of the mechanism. Regards, John Peterson, USA
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Mine's like the one in the book, with an open rotor. The idea is:- balls that miss the target either fall to the lost hole or into the reserve channel to feed the rotor. This means that if you get a lot of wins, the payouts will tend be less due to an absence of balls in the rotor.

On yours, the rotor just acts as an indicator (like the numbered wheel on the Crackerjack). This is going to mean a slightly different mechanism, because the balls don't fall through to trigger payouts. The rotor must be mechanically attached to the payout release lever.

Anyway, here are a couple of pics.
Attachments
Extrawin1.jpg
Extrawin2.jpg
john t peterson

Pictures of Jimmy's mechanism

Post by john t peterson »

Here are two pictures of the "closed rotor" mechanism. The extra payouts are controlled by the cutouts on the hub of the "star wheel" in the center of the mechanism. There is a rod which rides against this hub. Each "win" moves the star wheel forward once notch. When the rod enters a cutout in the hub, this permits another "extra" turn of the payout knob, thereby awarding the extra coins. Clear as mud, right? It's either that or good old fashioned magic. I hope this helps, Jimmy.
Attachments
ExtraWin01.jpg
ExtraWin04.jpg