Firmans

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
tammy

Re: Firmans

Post by tammy »

Hi coppinpr, thank you for the set of bandit reel brakes that arrived today. We have just fitted them and what a difference they have made! The bandit reels run slower and don't jump when they stop. It's made my machine far more enjoyable. Thanking you again and we will keep in touch. tammy
coppinpr

Re: Firmans

Post by coppinpr »

Glad to have been of service. !!THUMBSX2!!
polaris

Firman bandit identified

Post by polaris »

Topic moved & merged - Site Admin.

Does anyone recognise this, has characteristics of Mills Extraordinary but leaning more towards Jennings. Never seen one.
Attachments
AAD58AF3-0654-4846-B4B0-8A02E165CE35.jpeg
treefrog

Re: Bandit

Post by treefrog »

Firmans,

Guy in Scotland has been trying to sell for a long time and asking a lot of lolly......but of a marmite machine, certainly not pretty, maybe their take on an extraordinary

A lot of collectors have considered but not committed on this one......
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

my god.they threw it all at this one didn't they, over the top art deco, skill stops, jackpot,gold award and the first machine to have a webcam as a coin entry :o

have to admit,id like it at the right price :lol:
watlingman

Post by watlingman »

He won't sell it. He's been all over Facebook with it 18 months ago, wasting everyones's time. Pay it no attention!!!! !PUNISH!
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Yes, I copied a picture when it listed first time assuming it would be snapped up by the hoards, but suspect he would not let go for less than his asking price.

For me it is worth nowhere near the £1000 asking, especially as not seen inside. I have tried to like it, but can’t, it is damn right ugly, probably should be in the ugly list. In fact I have never bought a Firmans, always felt they are too rough......the word monstrosity comes to mind :shock:
tallstory

Post by tallstory »

It should have a model of King Kong on the top, perhaps holding Fay Wray in its arms. :lol:
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

As treefrog says, it's by Firman - far as I know, the only all-Firman bandit. I've seen a couple of other examples.
polaris

Re: Firman bandit identified

Post by polaris »

It’s certainly an ugly beast still be decent project at half the money and half again