Somebody knows... Maybe you?
JC

Re: Treasure Cave (Elephant Gift Vender)

Postby JC » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:18 pm

Thanks for clearing up the mystery of the twin doors - it all makes sense now, one for 'in' and one for 'out'.

Congratulations to Stuart for such a detailed explanation of how the carousel mechanism works, but I can't help thinking it's a really long-winded, Micky Mouse way of doing things - far more complicated than the usual Maltese Cross arrangement.

In answer to power requirement, the machine would definitely have been mains powered - you'd need a shed load of batteries to power that beast!

As BP has observed, the machine's cycle is controlled by a mercury switch. When the coin slide is pushed in, the switch is 'tipped' which sets the mechanism in motion. At the end of the cycle, a part of the mechanism will tip the switch back to its rest position.

slotalot

Postby slotalot » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:34 pm

miked16 wrote:Stuart, can't thank you enough this is going to help so much.
Hi Michael, it was no problem at all, I enjoyed doing it, it’s what I joined the forum for, and it made a change from the usual subject of what colour to paint a bandit !!SHIT!! . It’s just a pity you live so far from me or I would have offered to pop round and guide you through it !CYCLING! .
I still can't quite see what is happening with the start/coin switch. As BP says, there is a mercury switch, but I can also see a pair of contacts. Once you get the front off the machine, and can take some photos side on to the switch I am sure all will be revealed !PUZZLED!
As for the wiring of the motor and lights?? I would think that 1 fuse will be for the motor, and 1 fuse for the lights. The switch, I think, will be to turn off the motor when filling the carousel with boxes with the lights still lit...... but without seeing it in front of me I could be wrong :!?!: Maybe more photos of the motor, fuses and wiring might help to sort that out.
Regards Stuart. :tarah:

badpenny
Forum Moderator

Postby badpenny » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:55 pm

I've isolated that portion of the photo behind the switch and by re-polarising the shadow and back pedalling the hues of the spectrum I've managed to isolate the bit you can't quite see .........
WIRES.JPG
Jeremy

PS, All bandits should be painted red except for the ball on the end of the stick thingy.

slotalot

Postby slotalot » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:07 pm

Yes, that looks like one of my wiring jobs :o

miked16

Postby miked16 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:15 pm

Thanks again Stuart and Jerry for the help.

Stuart, I will get the front off this weekend and then get some better photos! Do you have an email address I could contact you on?

Michael.

slotalot

Postby slotalot » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:45 am

Hi Michael, I have sent you a private message, re my email address. !!JUNK!!
regards Stuart.

coppinpr

Postby coppinpr » Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:30 pm

PLEASE READ

Are any members interested in buying boxes custom made for this machine (or any other that takes the same size) I have made a few inquires in Hong Kong and can get them custom made for about 28p each plus shipping and i only need to buy 500. The shipping should not be much . If only 5 people will take 100 each I'll order them. Let me know soonest. The pretty Chinese girl I'm dealing with thought the video of the vendor was the best thing since packeted rice :lol:

slotalot

Postby slotalot » Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:33 pm

Jerry also sells the boxes on his new allwin spares site, [xurl]http://www.allwinspares.co.uk/#/miscela ... 4566414724[/xurl] and I think it's free UK postage. !THUMBS!

coppinpr

Postby coppinpr » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:16 pm

I didn't realize the win a gift boxes were the same size as the elephant ones. I thought these were much bigger !PUZZLED!

slotalot

Postby slotalot » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:57 pm

I know that the Whales gift allwin and the Whales elephant treasure cave machines used the same size boxes, but there may well be other makers who had their own size boxes, which would make some kind of sense because the operators would then have to go back to that maker for more boxes. :tarah: .
The elephant machine that I restored was as far as I know not a Whales machine, but did still use Whales size boxes :!?!: