Somebody knows... Maybe you?
rocky1980

Jubilee Riviera Colossus

Postby rocky1980 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:47 pm

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum and even newer to owning a one arm bandit. I have just got an old Jubilee Riviera (Colossus). When I pull the lever and let's say the 2 cherries fall in to place, it's so supposed to be a win but it's not paying out. Upon further inspection, my 1st and second reels were loose on the shaft. I have now tightened them but the payout is random, so instead of 2 or 3 cherries to pay out it will win on something like a lemon, melon, bell. Next to my reels I have 3 disks where pins drop in. What's the best way to get these running again so it pays out on the correct symbol? Also, where can I get new reel stickers? Any help would be great.

Regards.

badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: Jubilee Riviera

Postby badpenny » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:20 am

Hi rocky1980 welcome to the most helpful slot site there is.

Have you bought the one recently parading its charms on eBay? Should be a good starter bandit, as we keep saying on this site those Australian mechanisms are pretty well bomb proof.

I can't help with reel strips other than to say, are they damaged? Do they need replacing or just cleaning up with warm soapy water?

When it comes to repositioning the reels ....

Play the machine, and the moment the reels start spinning and before the brakes trip stop the spinning vane on top of the clock at the back (put a duster into it so as not to damage it. The reels will now free wheel to a stop.

Look for the vertical finger that pokes through the reels at the side which in turn knocks out all of the horizontal fingers behind the payout slides. It may well be the one nearest the front. Turn the reels until that finger lines up with the holes in all three plates (beware if your machine pays out on 3 symbols anywhere in the window, if so, you need to chose the middle slot on each plate) Remove the duster to restart the clock and you should now get a maximum payout.

Looking at the payout line on the reels, slacken off those that show the wrong symbol and adjust away to your heart's delight.

To maintain the high standards of this club you should only attempt this naked, in your front room, at night, with all the lights on and the curtains back.

So what can go wrong?
If there is more than one top winning combination, you may have to retry.
The vicar's wife recognises you without seeing your face :o

Good luck!
Send food parcels!
Don't forget Opal Fruits are now Starburst

Badpenny

rocky1980

Postby rocky1980 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:16 pm

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I got it from ebay and it's about to go back - it's driving me nuts lol. The reel strips are worn out and some colourless. I will prob just get some made up at a printers or something once it's all OK.
I'll give that a go with the reels - hopefully it will it sort out. lol

badpenny
Forum Moderator

Postby badpenny » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:42 pm

Sorry, but you can't send them back. Once in your home you have to succumb to all future temptations and become a laughing stock to all of your family. Don't worry about what your friends think, in a short time you'll have no friends.
Why should we be the only ones? Welcome on board.

Let us know when you're ready to move onto more exotic and expensive beasts so we can all dust down the junk we've not been able to get working or shift on ......they could become yours.

And then there's the Coventry Auction, better start saving.

toibs

Postby toibs » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:26 pm

badpenny wrote:
Let us know when you're ready to move onto more exotic and expensive beasts so we can all dust down the junk we've not been able to get working or shift on ......they could become yours.
You'll have year or more to wait on that one Rocky... dont panic.. ;)

*Ducks* ;)

rocky1980

Postby rocky1980 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:59 pm

Cheers guys, I don't think I'll be getting more expensive ones though this one is driving me mad. I'd be sick if I had loads of money in it. lol.
Dunno if anyone can help on this but the pins on the right hand side that go into the disks when there's a win? They seem to slow the spin on the machine so if the springs (which are poor condition, some loose, some tight) are disconnected it spins good. Once the springs are connected the first reel hardly turns, maybe like one fruit, two at best. It looks like the pin is acting like a brake on the first disk. Are all of these machines like that? If not, what's the best way to fix it?

Cheers

badpenny
Forum Moderator

Postby badpenny » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:25 pm

No the vertical fingers don't make contact with the payout plates as they turn and are held back by a bar that runs the length of them until the end of the cycle which is when they are released to find a winning combination.

I'll have a hunt for some photos or a manual that should show it clearer.
In the meantime someone else may come along who can explain it in words instead of mental pictures which is what I am trying to do.

Just recently we've had a couple of new members who have taken the plunge and bought a bandit without looking at it first and satisfying themselves that it works or is within their capability to mend.
I think the eBay age has cultivated a society of careless buyers with too much trust.
When I started collecting slots I'd travel miles to look at a machine for sale and go over it, playing it, trying all of the combinations before parting with my sovs.

What's changed?
Is it the fact that we're in a race with others against the clock that either makes us too trusting or stops us from saying "No Thanks it's not right" It doesn't stop me, if I arrive to collect and it has non described problems I tell them and decline on the basis it's not what they claim/described.

I certainly wouldn't pay to have one couriered and then be lumbered with it, unless it was a vendor I know and trust.

rocky1980

Postby rocky1980 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:15 pm

Cheers matey that would be good.
I got this fairly cheap as a cash on collection as it wasn't too far away, but yea when I got home it had its bugs and its' being a nightmare.

rocky1980

Postby rocky1980 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:51 pm

Sorted that problem guys - it turned out not to be the pins but the plate that presses against the disks to stop them turning backward. It was catching ever so slightly, stopping the first reel.

malcymal

Postby malcymal » Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:33 pm

Congratulations, you have just sorted out your first mechanical problem. !!CHEERS!! You have taken your first step to bug fixing and quite a thrill when you suddenly get it right. Plod on with it matey, loads of help on here, you can't let the bugger beat you. But a warning to you, one arm bandits and all things coin operated are highly addictive. You might find yourself smiling at my post in a couple of years time when you have machines secretly secreted all over your house. I went from one to nine in three years, and have parted with 4, taking my tally to 13, some projects, some working straight from purchase. I'm sure my purchasing is rather small compared with some other peeps on here. Do you have a picture to upload so we can see what you are up against?
malc