Bryans Bullion payouts

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
perana5000

Bryans Bullion payouts

Post by perana5000 »

Hello all, just wondering whether there is someone who would be able to offer help in getting the payouts on my 1 new pence Bullion working correctly. No. 2 pays 2, no. 3 pays 3, no. 4 pays 4, no.8 pays 4, no.10 pays 4. There are 4 pennies trapped to the left of the payout tube, in a recess above where the payout slide comes through. Might be completely wrong, but could this be causing the tube to not lift enough for any win more than 4 coins? Tried to get these coins out, but damn nigh impossible where they are! Seeing is believing! I'm thinking it's impossible for them to have got in without the machine being disassembled to some degree. Tried to remove them, but won't go past a nut and bolt!

Any help would be great! Confused Mark of Hertfordshire!
perana5000

Re: Bryans Bullion payouts

Post by perana5000 »

Just wondered if anyone knows how many Bullions were made? My one is No 898, and doesn't have paper 10s covering where the old 12 was.
Still hoping for a reply on the payout dilemma, as I can't be sure whether the 4 trapped pennies are the root of all evil or not. Always taught a little knowledge can be dangerous, so just wondering if there's anyone not a million miles away from the Stansted Airport area that I could bring the machine to. I have quids in my back pocket!
All the best Mark.
07817 494650
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

Hi, :D why not pop down to the House on The Hill museum that's near you as they have lots of machines on show (and some in storage). They may be able to help you :!?!: It's worth an ask! !!CHEERS!!
perana5000

Post by perana5000 »

I know Alan Goldsmith from the toy museum quite well. Not sure whether repairing them is his scene! Many thanks anyway! :)
andydotp

Post by andydotp »

Quids?.......as in the folding type? :shock:
I can fix it in two seconds and am less than a million miles from the airport as well....
. 'cept it's Melbourne Airport.. :cry:

Doubtless the answer will be forthcoming from this site.
perana5000

Post by perana5000 »

Take a Bryans Bullion overseas! Sacrilege! Thanks for the offer though - you obviously have the answer! Is it a secret! lol
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Loose coins in a machine mechanism is always a recipe for disaster and should never be overlooked.

From what you describe it sounds likely.
I've just spent weeks recalibrating my Bullion I've never found them to be overly accurate in the payout department anyway.
Try turning it upside down and shaking it, otherwise it isn't tricky to undo the brake and payout lever at one end.

That should give you enough room to jab away with a long screwdriver or if the pennies are new enough try a magnet.

Badpenny
perana5000

Post by perana5000 »

Thanks Badpenny, I must admit to being a tad wary of dismantling the machine to get the coins out! I have yet to try any adjustment on the screws at the 8 and 10 position on the hopper lift arm,should I attempt this obviously one at a time as the hopper is never lifting to more than the height of a four coin payout?
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

My advice is whenever trouble shooting ....
* Deal with everything you know is wrong, it's astonishing how interlinked things can be.
* Try and understand how the different parts work. If you can't don't be discouraged, carry on it'll be clearer later.
* Don't be scared to remove bits, every phone has a camera take gallons of photos before and during.
* As you remove split pins/washers/bolts etc; don't lump them all together in one jar, use a different one for each end of the mech.

If you get into trouble come back to us here, tell us how, what and where with photos and help with be forthcoming.
:didact:
perana5000

Post by perana5000 »

Hello all:)
Regarding the 5 payout bolt/screws on the Bullion, do you just have to adjust them by the square under the screw head or do you need to loosen each nut first, then adjust under the screw head? 11/32 sized spanner?
perana5000

Bryans Bullion adjustment

Post by perana5000 »

Topic merged - Site Admin.

Hello all:)
Regarding the 5 payout bolt/screws on the Bullion, do you just have to adjust them by the square under the screw head or do you need to loosen each nut first, then adjust under the screw head? 11/32 sized spanner?
Not sure if this question got posted, put it on a few days ago.
Many thanks Mark.