moonriver

Re: Brenner "Ball Past The Arrow"

Postby moonriver » Thu May 14, 2020 6:11 pm

!!LOSINGIT!! Its not all about you luv

pennymachines
Site Admin

Postby pennymachines » Thu May 14, 2020 6:25 pm

The Chelston Hall Hotel, Torquay (now a medical centre), where Dave's machine spent most of its life.
ChelstonHallHotel.jpg

badpenny
Forum Moderator

Postby badpenny » Thu May 14, 2020 8:00 pm

As a hotel wasn't it run by Basil and Sybil?

gameswat

Postby gameswat » Thu May 14, 2020 8:56 pm

Hey, I think I have to occasionally post something that might interest a few users here. I get so much fun, and have gotten so much help from the site, that I think you have to be willing to give at least as much in return. In a perfect world I'd post a lot more, but keeping a close track and writing down what I get up to is a major chore at best! Every day at least something of interest (at least to me) happens on the workbenches. I can verbally explain things no problem till the cows come home, but making sense of complicated information in the written word is not so easy. In fact at one point a long time ago someone overseas offered to actually post over a mini tape player to tell that particular story they wanted from me, and they would then write the story! But I think that particular job was past history to me so I'd lost interest by that time and nothing ever happened. Over 20 years ago I even started compiling a book on Australian made machines and overseas made pieces with Aussie theming of some kind. I'd amassed a pretty interesting collection myself and had all of Bob Klepners info at hand too, but slowly the reality of having to make sense of it all killed my enthusiasm. So much easier to just walk into the workshop and things magically happen all by themselves!! :o :!?!: !OMFG!

bryans fan

Postby bryans fan » Thu May 14, 2020 10:30 pm

Please keep posting. I, for one, really enjoy reading your accounts of how you restore machines, and how you overcome problems. You are a fountain of knowledge, and a huge asset to this site.
    !THANKS!

john t peterson

Postby john t peterson » Fri May 15, 2020 12:09 pm

I've known Gamewat for many years. He is a genius. What makes him so unusual is his ability and willingness to share his knowledge with all the rest of us. You rock, Boy! !THUMBS! !THUMBS! !THUMBS!

J Peterson
    Fanboy, USA