Somebody knows... Maybe you?
christopheb

Oliver Whales EASY PERM - Missing the arrow...

Postby christopheb » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:44 pm

Dear All,
I recently bought this lovely Oliver Whales Easy Perm. It is in stunning condition, but as you can see on the picture, it is missing the arrow above the payout knob.
Would love to complete this machine, so am looking for a spare one (preferably an original, but would consider a good quality repro). I just posted an advert in the Market. Would anybody have one to sell, or could suggest some tips where I could find one ? I obviously tried allwinspares.co.uk, but unfortunately, they're out of stock. Any other suggestions ?

Thank you so much for your help and good advice
Christophe
easy_perm.jpg

gameswat

Re: Oliver Whales EASY PERM - Missing the arrow...

Postby gameswat » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:14 pm

I've never bothered having any of these re-cast. I just grab a piece of brass sheet the right thickness, lay an original over the top to scribe a pattern and cut out with a small hacksaw. Then a quick clean up with a file and add in the feathers, plus the two holes. Doesn't take very long as such a small piece.

christopheb

Re: Oliver Whales EASY PERM - Missing the arrow...

Postby christopheb » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:50 pm

Thanks Gameswat,
Had not thought of doing it myself. It's a good idea I guess, but to be honest I don't think I have the skills to achieve something convincing enough... But thanks anyway.

C