Somebody knows... Maybe you?
urbanbody

Re: Sega Diamond 3 Star

Post by urbanbody »

Got the second package today!! @&@
urbanbody

Post by urbanbody »

Paint stripped, chrome pitted, they grind the rust instead of de-rusting.... dirtdog Some hours to polish the parts before I send 'em for a new chrome party!!
and choose a new color for the body !PUZZLED!

Where did I put the lil' glass with the arrow and the 3*200....?? :oops: It is in a secure place but.....where?? !!HIDING!!
urbanbody

Post by urbanbody »

WHYYYYYYYYYYY ?????? is it so impossible to find an escalator? :!?!:
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Because it's the part you need.
Life is like that. Haven't you noticed if something is useless you'll save it for years? Every time you open a draw there it is again.
However, when something is essential, the first thing you do is lose it. It's a fact of life here on Earth.

I am fed up with buying Junior Hacksaws, I must own two dozen of them. When I'm looking for pliers, all I can lay my hands on are Junior Hacksaws. They're everywhere, jagging into my fingers as I delve into my tool box, ripping the lining out of work jackets. The back of my van looks like an extension of B&Q's warehouse Junior Hacksaw department.

Unless of course I need to use one, then it's totally different. I know immediately that after three hours searching I'll end up back round the corner ironmongers. In fact, I'm such a good customer there that they invite me to their Christmas Party each year.

So urbanbody, it's not a question of WHYYYYYYYYYYY ?????? is it so impossible to find an escalator?, it's more that it's simply your turn for The Flux of The Earth to target you.
Just forget about it.
Start putting adverts everywhere saying how you don't want one any more. Tell everyone you meet in the streets or at work that you wouldn't even consider one if somebody offered to pay you for taking theirs. Then sit back and wait.

BP
john t peterson

Post by john t peterson »

Absolutely classic! BP, you Sir are a national treasure. Your talents are greatly appreciated but absolutely wasted on us coin-op luddites.

More, Sir, I say more!

J Peterson
American Admirer !WORSHIPFULL!
urbanbody

Post by urbanbody »

:cool: I see what you mean!!

I own a bunch of sandpaper (gritpaper? or something like this) but they always hide themselves when I'm looking for one sheet!! dirtdog
urbanbody

Post by urbanbody »

Paint is done, mechanism is working; just need to print new reel strips and order an escalator from Mr slot1 in 25 cents.
urbanbody

Post by urbanbody »

Hello,
Does someone have a pic of the internal lights?
Thank you.
chris rideout

Post by chris rideout »

urbanbody wrote:Another noob question: What is the mystery payout (don't say "it's a mystery"! :D )

Thank you.
The mystery is the melon on reels 2 & 3. If an orange appears on reel 1, the melons pay as an orange. The reel discs for reels 2 & 3 have extra holes cut into them. The full menu for that is:

Orange Orange Melon.
Orange Melon Orange.
Orange Melon Melon.
Orange Melon Bar.

You win 10 coins. Simple enough. There ends the mystery.
urbanbody

Post by urbanbody »

!!YIPPEE!!

Thank you!!
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Check to see if the extra holes are both still open. Operators loved to close these off reducing the payouts. As the player didn't know what the mystery payout was, they simply thought they were never hitting it. You should be able to open them if needs be.
urbanbody

Post by urbanbody »

Thank you for the advice. Yes, all the holes are open. I finally got the original stripes; I did some but the length wasn't good. I can actually make the good ones and post the scan and length.
chris rideout

Post by chris rideout »

You need a nominal 640 mm circumference because the 20 symbols are 32 mm apart. Add a bit more to the bottom of the strip to tuck it in under the top part after it has been fed onto the reel.
urbanbody

Post by urbanbody »

Thank you.
grains

Post by grains »

coppinpr wrote: Mon May 06, 2013 7:21 am Well there's your answer then, Aristo has one the same. Any more info on that one?
Possibly a late model; guess they recast the front case; possible the moulds were worn out or they wanted a case with no top box holes. Funny how dumpy they look with no top box. Looks like you got a rare model, urban. !!THUMBSX2!! Didn't make sense that anyone would copy a 3 Star.
Interesting thread on these Sega Light Ups. I recently purchased an early model Diamond 3 Star which still has a Service Games badged serial number on the base at the rear. This doesn't feature a vertical stripe on the upper casting which became standard on many of the later models.

On these early types the position the Sega logo on the front casting was centrally alligned to the middle of the casting.

For later versions featuring the vertical stripe it was moved so it appeared to be centrally aligned to the reel window and award card with the stripe painted on.
The reel glass aperture is smaller and as Coppinpr mentioned there are no holes for a light up top box to be mounted.

Here's a couple of photos for comparison. The 3rd one is an early casting painted with a vertical stripe where the logo appears off centre to the window and stripe.
Attachments
KHtBKsch.jpg
KHtBKsch.jpg (207.32 KiB) Viewed 258 times
FybfEqBh.jpg
FybfEqBh.jpg (131.93 KiB) Viewed 258 times
5888rT0h.jpg
5888rT0h.jpg (173.12 KiB) Viewed 258 times