Mini Falls, Penny Falls

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
funky

Re: Mini Falls, Penny Falls

Post by funky »

Alca International also did a Magic Roundabout machine in the '70s, I think....... A really retro weird bubble machine with the bottom a bit like a Dalek? .......The top had a train with all the Magic Roundabout toys and cars and also figures of characters like Dougal and Zebedee and, I think maybe, the Beatles could have been in there... On the very top there were about half a dozen puppets who moved also... These were soft plush puppets like the glove puppets you would see in that era, like Sooty.... Also played music as the train went round...... Really retro looking machine in yellow plastic and a clear domed top..... Probably a rare item and not too many of them about? :!?!: !THUMBS!
funky

Post by funky »

Did a bit of searching for the Magic Roundabout machine from Alca and couldn't believe it when I saw one on ebay USA...... Not sure how to post the link to it, but the item number is 140957205823...... Shame it's not in the UK or I would have gone to see my bank manager....... So guess it may stay in the good old U.S. of A?......Really retro looking machine. !!CHEERS!!
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

ALCA.JPG

Click Here
Q: Thought you may like to know a little more about your machine. It was first introduced by Alca in May 1975, it was called Puppet Party, this was a derivitive of a Sega Game, Although Michael Green ran Alca, it was owned by industry Guru Marty Bromley, who also owned Sega Enterprises Ltd in Japan, sadly Marty is no longer with us, but Michael Green is still active in the industry. I have the largest database on coin operated equipment in the World, more than 143,000 files. I am the Official British Coin Industry Historian with more than 60 years in the industry on a daily basis, I hope I have thrown a little more light on your machine, it is quite rare because of the low production run. Freddy Bailey 26-Apr-13
A: Wow, thank you very much. Can I add that to my listing? Mike Andrews knew the guys and I thought it was older than 1975. So Sega made something like it earlier? Bill Butterfield
funky

Post by funky »

Cheers b.p......... that's the one... Hey my description of it wasn't too bad?....Well, apart from maybe the Dalek bit :HaHa: .......The old memory is still OK when it comes to machines you remember from your youth..... Wouldn't think there would have been a lot of them made, as it was just a TV theme back in the day...... but I like the design of it... !THUMBS!
andydotp

Post by andydotp »

Please don't mention Daleks chaps...
Me (actor) Dad got bumped off by one of 'em on telly when I was about five.
Don't want to revert to the plastic bed sheets. !OMFG! (Did I just say that?)
Cough, cough, moving on, what a wierd machine! :!?!:
.p
funky

Post by funky »

yea its a weird machine andy but i quite like it,......so hope it doesnt get exterminated.................................................EXXXTERMINATE!!!!!,........ !!ESCAPE!!
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

I saw one of these hotly contested at an auction in my very early collecting days.
The Dalek resemblance is frightening...
pusher-dalek.jpg
pusher-dalek.jpg (10.35 KiB) Viewed 9353 times

flippa_winna wrote:Returning to the single player Royal Jubilee pusher of 1977, it was aptly named as it was the Queen's Silver Jubilee in this year...
I notice that Jamieson Automatics also produced pushers celebrating the Queen's Silver Jubilee. The version seen here, on their trade stand at Alexandra Palace in January 1977, surely has more than co-incidental similarities to the Alca Electronics Ltd. Royal Jubilee. Notice the three slots and the strikingly similar background image.
SilverJubilee.jpg

1970s saw the onslaught of videogames, but Jamieson Automatics continued to produce wall machines adding simple upright versions of the same games including Bingo, Electrodart etc, and one of their big successes of this period was the Bingo Table which was wanted by both arcades and fairgrounds in the UK and abroad even as far as Australia. Pushers were also high in the market and they produced multiplayers such as Silver Jubilee, Runways, Lucky Push and even an upright version of the Silver Jubilee.
‘Our Ian’ – Ian Jamieson by Joyce Todd

Great to see some pusher enthusiasts here, including the leading expert on the subject. !THUMBS!
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Rare photo that ....
The Yorkshire Ripper playing a pusher.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Watch it BP - I think that might be our friend Ian you're pointing at. :tut
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

Yes it is !WORSHIPFULL!
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Splendid chap........ I've always admired Ian's dapper fashion sense and style .............Blast !!ESCAPE!!
funky

Post by funky »

pennymachines wrote:I saw one of these hotly contested at an auction in my very early collecting days.
The Dalek resemblance is frightening...
What kind of cash did it sell for in your early days?....... The USA seller wants 1600 of our earthling pounds..... Is that not a bit expensive or am I in a diff world with the Daleks :!: .....
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

I'm afraid I don't recall - 'twas a long time ago. I probably have the catalogue somewhere... It was some sort of amusement machine business in liquidation I think. A nice sunny day - the auction moved outside into the street. But I digress... I just noted the bidding was strong for this relatively modern, odd-shaped machine. £1600 sounds ambitious to say the least, but so do many ebay starting prices.
flippa_winna

Post by flippa_winna »

pennymachines wrote:I notice that Jamieson Automatics also produced pushers celebrating the Queen's Silver Jubilee. The version seen here, on their trade stand at Alexandra Palace in January 1977, surely has more than co-incidental similarities to the Alca Electronics Ltd. Royal Jubilee. Notice the three slots and the strikingly similar background image.
Yes, very similar indeed, even to the wording of the machines.

Alca's named Royal Jubilee and Jamieson's named Silver Jubilee. Apparently Silver Jubilee was manufactured as a 6 player hexagonal and was also available as an upright. I have never seen the upright as of yet - it would be interesting to see both single player machines side by side!

While still on the subject of Alca, pictured is Alca's Lucky 10, the 4 player square pusher.
Attachments
169 Lucky 10.jpg
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

While we're on the subject Flippa, do you know anything about this early pusher which rippyspennyarcade identified as Teeter?
flippa_winna

Post by flippa_winna »

My sincere apologies for the late reply Pennymachines but I have been unable to access the site until now.

I am still doing research into Teeter as we speak but I can tell you that it was a large centrepiece round pusher, either a 10 or 12 player machine - not certain on that yet. Also not sure who actually made it but I know it was distributed by NIXSALES Ltd., 52 Surrey Street, Littlehampton, Sussex.

I would place the machine around 1967 as it was in a Coinslot advert in this particular year.

In the advert it states "The pusher that pushes all others out of sight. The finest taker of all time".

If and when further details come to light I will post here.
flippa_winna

Post by flippa_winna »

As my painstaking research into coin pushers continues, some new information has recently come to light which I would like to post here to clear up any earlier misunderstandings.
I previously stated here that the Royal Jubilee coin pusher was manufactured by Alca. Although this information was given to me in good faith it now proves to be erroneous. I now know for a fact that Royal Jubilee was indeed manufactured by Jamieson Automatics Ltd.

Regarding Teeter, it is now known that this pusher was manufactured by Nick Carter and distributed by Nixsales, (the same person, note the name similarities) Sussex. Worth mentioning here also that as well as the Teeter, the Mini Teeter, Teez-u and The Bazooka (non pusher) were also manufactured by Nick Carter.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Thanks for that Flippa - I've updated the information and added another page to Portable Penny Pushers and put your username on the credits. I've also added another year's subscription to your account. Good luck with your continued research. !THUMBS!
riche100

Post by riche100 »

Royal Jubilee pusher:
cait001

Post by cait001 »

Does anyone know the measurements for the table-top Mini Falls / Penny Falls / Rota-Soccer / Mini Cakewalk (Jezzard) machines? curious if I can fit one...
oh and weight if you have it.