Aristocrat Grosvenor GOLD A GOGO

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
mgreef

Aristocrat Grosvenor GOLD A GOGO

Post by mgreef »

Hello,

This machine is in a fairly good working condition; escalator is there and working, but as you can see, between the reels there is a loose part that should be attached to a jackpot? Can anybody confirm this piece? Has anybody a picture of how it should look, so I know what to look out for? Is this going to be easy to find these parts?
IMG_1348.JPG

IMG_1350.JPG

IMG_1351.JPG

aristomatic

Re: Aristocrat Grosvenor GOLD A GOGO

Post by aristomatic »

Yes, correct it attaches to the jackpot. When looking at mechanism from front, this piece attaches to the left (as you look). It's aso held in place by a vertical rod (to the right) and also by a screw through the attaching plate at the bottom, which screws through the screw hole on the front face of the mechanism base.
The piece that the vertical rod goes through is present, so good. Jackpots do come up from time to time, but sometimes it's easiest to buy another machine with a jackpot, remove the jackpot from that to use in this and then sell the donor machine without a jackpot..............

Others will be able to supply pix with arrows and correct names for all the pieces described, to make it easier for you.
The reel bundle doesn't seem to match the award card........... unless all feature symbols are on the opposite side (unlikely).
You can either make new reel strips to match the current award card or change the front award to match the symbols currently on the reel bundle.
I have an award card that would match but I will leave you to listen to all others first, before making any decisions, as they may well be better informed and have more relevant knowledge/experience.

Have fun.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

You have a few problems here getting the payouts to match the case. I strongly suspect the whole mech is from another machine - one with basic payouts. Changing the reel strips will not, I think, solve the problem, unless the basic amounts (cherries, oranges, etc.) match the payout card and you allow any other payouts to become "mystery" payouts and, even then, the belly glass (as it reads now) would be totally redundant.

Changing the payout card to match your reels will work as Aristo says, and will be far the easiest and best option. As for the belly glass, are the jackpot payouts on the belly glass an addition fixed on from the inside or are they actually part of the glass? If an addition, then you can easily make changes to suit your reels. Adding a jp unit and making it match your case is not going to be easy.
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

As per Aristomatic, I suspect the belly display is wrong, not even sure this was a Aristocrat theme, probably made up later on. You will see the awards on the top of the belly glass area, I suspect the three 7s were the Jackpot and would have been shown on the original glass.

A number of machines could have been related, e.g. the Mad Melons theme that had Melons and 7s.

The jackpot may have been there a long time ago, as the bar you refer to is the reset bar.....I do have a very rough spare jackpot as I know someone else was after one a while ago. Suspect the front glass is more important and Aristomatic may have the perfect bit for you.

The other question is does the payouts match the award plate below the reel window, so 3, 5, 10, 14 and 18.....
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Looking at the belly glass payouts, it must have been "attendant paid" anyway as no JP unit could handle those fixed payouts.
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

coppinpr wrote:looking at the belly glass payouts, it must have been "attendant paid" anyway as no JP unit could handle those fixed payouts.
They are a bit like the tic tac toe machines produced by Henry Powell in large numbers and probably are values not number of coins, e.g. 4, 6 10 and 20.
aristomatic

Post by aristomatic »

Have emailed you as it's easier to send pix over directly.

It's likely a bit of allsorts but looks a very clean machine, so you will still have a nice looking machine at the end of it. regardless of what you decide to do.
Take your time and, after taking in peoples' comments and options, decide what you want to try and achieve.
As treefrog says, firstly, if you know how, set up all the wins on the black award card and see if they trigger any payouts, and if so, how many slides they move and or how many coins it pays. At least that info will help drive a later decision on the award cards and/or reel-strips. Hopefully, melons 7s and bars will all trigger a payout. One or more may pay anywhere in the window too, so always look for that option too.
Coin entry says x25 cents but don't take that as being accurate.... however, if slides do payout x3/5/10/14/18 coins on x25 cent or another coin, then at least you don't need a replacement black award strip.

Just bear in mind that one decision to change one part can have an impact elsewhere, so please try to think through before ordering any new parts etc., so that you are sure.
If you are not sure how to do any of above, just ask, as can be daunting if you've never done so before.

Hope that helps - I know how difficult it looked when I first dabbled in these.
mgreef

Post by mgreef »

thank you for all your help, that is a lot of info ...

A jackpot , is it this that i am looking for :
$T2eC16N,!zoE9s5nd8zFBRtNfShz)Q~~60_84.jpg

$T2eC16VHJFwFF,EY8gQ6BRtNfOz!tQ~~60_84.jpg

This is a double jackpot ?
What is a good price for a piece like this ?

Thanks again
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

This a double jackpot from a later Aristocrat from machines like the Elite. Not sure it will fit your machine and the belly glass I am not sure switches between Elites and Grosvenors/Kingsways/Nevada's..... See below one fitted to a machine. The bottom picture is the right one.
Attachments
22A.JPG
22B.JPG
aristo-jack.JPG
mgreef

Post by mgreef »

Thank you aristomatic and treefrog, so to keep it simple :
I would like to have one with a visible jackpot, so can i simply mount one (as treefrog posted above) in mine and change the belly glass and change the award card as mentionned by aristomatic ?
It is just to have a nice piece for me , not to sell .....

Do you have these parts available or where can i look for these please ?

Thanks again
mgreef

Post by mgreef »

i found some pictues that look like the same award card : so could it have been as you mentionned a Mad Melon ?
1911515b.jpg

1911515.jpg

treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Yes that's the baby..... I reckon this is the theme your machine was.

As mentioned before, you will need to check the payouts match to ensure no-one has changed the slides. If you're not sure how to do this, I am sure someone will find the link on the forum on how to do. If they are correct, then the front belly glass was added incorrectly by someone.

In terms of spares, I need to check with the person who was after a jackpot, as they posted in the Market section looking for one and only reasonable that I give them the chance first. Aristomatic, as mentioned, may be able to help you with with belly glass. If not, I have a Kingsway version that I can try and get a Hi Res picture of for you....

mgreef

Post by mgreef »

That should be very helpfull Treefrog for the jackpot and the high res belly ....
I will look into the payout match with slides ...
and look around the forum on how to do the slides ...

Thank u
hutto

Post by hutto »

Hi treefrog iam still looking for jackpot mec if you have one thanks hutto !!RAYOF!!
dancer3472

Post by dancer3472 »

Hi All,
I just picked up an Aristocrat Grosvenor "Jackpots Galore" Gold a' go go kind of looks like the Mad Melon machine but it is a 25 cent machine and has a coin hopper in it rather than coin tube and slides. Other than that the mechanism is the same mechanical mech with circular coin escalator in it just the payout and lights are electrical. Does anyone have a manual or wiring diagram for this type of machine and electronics... or a working machine with a hopper unit for sale?
Thanks.
Randy
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Howdy dancer3472 ...

Welcome to Pennymachines Forum.
Congrats on getting your machine, let's see a photo, we love photos.

It might also help anyone who can give you the information you need if they can positively identify exactly what you can see.
Also I have removed your email address as trawling bots tend to snatch any they see and you'll find your inbox full of adverts and spam for Gambling Sites and impotence tablets which not only don't work but taste very bitter ... !UNSURE!

A small yet important point is all wanted and for sale requests should go in the Market section and not The Forum, not to worry though, here is the link if you want to use use it in future. It is free to use but needs a separate registration.
https://pennymachines.co.uk/cgi-bin/Mar ... tion=agree

Looking forward to your piccies

BP
dancer3472

Post by dancer3472 »

Here are a few pics.... any help with the electronics would be great.
Thanks.
Attachments
IMG-20131117-00030a.jpg
IMG-20131117-00024.jpg
IMG-20131117-00022.jpg
IMG-20131117-00021.jpg
IMG-20131117-00018a.jpg
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Im not one for machines with too much electrics in them so can someone tell me how,if this is an all mechanical machine as stated, the electronics can decide the frequency of payout? do they just vary the amounts of the mystery payouts?