Somebody knows... Maybe you?
margamatix

Please do not advertise items in the Forum

Postby margamatix » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:21 pm

Post removed. Please place items for sale in the Market or Auction - Site Admin.

slotalot

Re. Please do not advertise items in the Forum

Postby slotalot » Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:05 pm

Message From Mods.
Please do not use the Forum to advertise items "Wanted" or "For Sale". Such postings will be deleted. If you wish to sell items on this site, please post them in the Auction or Market.

User Agreement between you and the PennyMachines.co.uk Forum
The Forum should not be used to advertise items "Wanted" or "For Sale". Such postings will be deleted. If you wish to sell items on this site, please post them in the Auction or Market.

margamatix

Re. Please do not advertise items in the Forum

Postby margamatix » Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:09 pm

If a moderator wishes to move or remove this post, then that's fine. I have a machine for sale and I thought that somebody here might want to buy it.

margamatix

Re: Please do not advertise items in the Forum

Postby margamatix » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:19 am

Item is still for sale, it just won't now be sold to a member of this forum.

Own goal maybe, Admin?

pennymachines
Site Admin

Postby pennymachines » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:59 am

Trading has never been allowed via the Forum (as per the User Agreement when you joined) because it is better for buyers and vendors if it is conducted within the formal trading structures afforded by the Auction and Market. These are free for all members to use and are designed to provide a level playing field from which members can conduct their business one to one. Trading via the informal, open format of a forum can all too easily cause disappointment and resentment (as we've witnessed on a few occasions when the rule was not enforced).

margamatix

Postby margamatix » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:50 pm

But the problem is that when I try to sell an item on the auction page, I get a message saying "your password is incorrect", even though it is the exact same password that I used to log in to post this message.

So if you can't get your website working properly, and I can't sell a machine in the only way possible, then the bottom line is that a restorer won't be able to buy it. No skin off my nose, I'll just keep it in the attic.

slotalot

Postby slotalot » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:32 pm

Hi margamatix :cool:
You will need to register for a market account, it is very easy to do and you only have to do it the once, just follow the link. https://pennymachines.co.uk/cgi-bin/ ... tion=agree !THUMBS!

slotsoffun

Postby slotsoffun » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:37 pm

I have to agree with the original poster, its sometimes frustrating when trying to list something on the auction or just wanting to sell here and are asked to register again.
I don't understand why it can't be just one Username, one password for everything on the site... Or maybe I'm being too simplistic? Why can't it be one for all areas??

It may encourage more listings or buyers.

Just a thought!!!! !!>*<!!

pennymachines
Site Admin

Postby pennymachines » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:44 am

Hi Slotsoffun,
Unfortunately, no, it isn't so simple. You'll find the explanation in my reply to this Sticky Topic in Feedback: Posting Adverts
I'll have to purchase new software and then modify it extensively to solve this one. After much research, I believe I've worked out the best way to achieve it. Then new members will have to decide when joining whether they wish to submit the extra detail required for a trading account (home address, phone number etc.) and existing accounts which lack these details will have to be updated to include them.

bryans fan

Postby bryans fan » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:13 am

Just to remind everyone this site is run by one person for FREE! It must take hours and hours of programming. I can barely do anything with my computer, I am personally very grateful for this brilliant site. Takes me hours to make a special card or add stuff to basic letters etc.

!THANKS! :claps: !WORSHIPFULL!