Please do not advertise items in the Forum

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
margamatix

Please do not advertise items in the Forum

Post by margamatix »

Post removed. Please place items for sale in the Market or Auction - Site Admin.
slotalot

Re. Please do not advertise items in the Forum

Post by slotalot »

Message From Mods.
Please do not use the Forum to advertise items "Wanted" or "For Sale". Such postings will be deleted. If you wish to sell items on this site, please post them in the Auction or Market.

User Agreement between you and the PennyMachines.co.uk Forum
The Forum should not be used to advertise items "Wanted" or "For Sale". Such postings will be deleted. If you wish to sell items on this site, please post them in the Auction or Market.
margamatix

Re. Please do not advertise items in the Forum

Post by margamatix »

If a moderator wishes to move or remove this post, then that's fine. I have a machine for sale and I thought that somebody here might want to buy it.
margamatix

Re: Please do not advertise items in the Forum

Post by margamatix »

Item is still for sale, it just won't now be sold to a member of this forum.

Own goal maybe, Admin?
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Trading has never been allowed via the Forum (as per the User Agreement when you joined) because it is better for buyers and vendors if it is conducted within the formal trading structures afforded by the Auction and Market. These are free for all members to use and are designed to provide a level playing field from which members can conduct their business one to one. Trading via the informal, open format of a forum can all too easily cause disappointment and resentment (as we've witnessed on a few occasions when the rule was not enforced).
margamatix

Post by margamatix »

But the problem is that when I try to sell an item on the auction page, I get a message saying "your password is incorrect", even though it is the exact same password that I used to log in to post this message.

So if you can't get your website working properly, and I can't sell a machine in the only way possible, then the bottom line is that a restorer won't be able to buy it. No skin off my nose, I'll just keep it in the attic.
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

Hi margamatix :cool:
You will need to register for a market account, it is very easy to do and you only have to do it the once, just follow the link. [url]https://pennymachines.co.uk/cgi-bin/Mar ... tion=agree[/url] !THUMBS!
slotsoffun

Post by slotsoffun »

I have to agree with the original poster, its sometimes frustrating when trying to list something on the auction or just wanting to sell here and are asked to register again.
I don't understand why it can't be just one Username, one password for everything on the site... Or maybe I'm being too simplistic? Why can't it be one for all areas??

It may encourage more listings or buyers.

Just a thought!!!! !!>*<!!
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Hi Slotsoffun,
Unfortunately, no, it isn't so simple. You'll find the explanation in my reply to this Sticky Topic in Feedback: Posting Adverts
I'll have to purchase new software and then modify it extensively to solve this one. After much research, I believe I've worked out the best way to achieve it. Then new members will have to decide when joining whether they wish to submit the extra detail required for a trading account (home address, phone number etc.) and existing accounts which lack these details will have to be updated to include them.
bryans fan

Post by bryans fan »

Just to remind everyone this site is run by one person for FREE! It must take hours and hours of programming. I can barely do anything with my computer, I am personally very grateful for this brilliant site. Takes me hours to make a special card or add stuff to basic letters etc.

!THANKS! :claps: !WORSHIPFULL!
jonesthegarage

Post by jonesthegarage »

Well said Bryans Fan, I am also very grateful for this forum in many respects and people would do well to remember it is (almost) entirely free and voluntary, after all who would pay money to see BP's jokes
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Thanks Mr P for explaining the reality behind the double registration thingy.
However there is another benefit for members having to register for a selling account.

Many insist on anonymity when using a forum (clearly not me) however those that do would lose that ability the moment they sell something if they had to use the same id they post under.

BP
arrgee

Post by arrgee »

Well said Bryans fan, it is easy to forget that there are just a small handful of very keen and enthusiastic collectors that hold our slot community together via this website, the MMM magazine and an annual auction, I am very grateful for the time that they put in to help us all and I am sure that many more are as well. **xXx**
13rebel

Post by 13rebel »

Yes, well said Bryans fan. I am next to hopeless with a computer and have difficulty in uploading to the 'see it operate' category but that's just down to my ineptitude. Yet the market and auction seem quite straight forward to me-clicking on 'join' explains all. Mr PM is to be applauded for this site.
youngerap

Post by youngerap »

Couldn't agree more with the sentiments expressed here. I, too, am very grateful to PM and his 'crew' for delivering and maintaining this site. This community has so much invested here in terms of knowledge and resources (not to mention kindred spirit) that having to register a second time to be able to trade (for free!) is so minor an issue as to be insignificant. I have yet to find another site of anything even close to the quality of this one. Long may it reign! !!HOORAY!!
slotsoffun

Post by slotsoffun »

Thank you PennyMachines for the explanation as to why, about the registration. I was not having a dig, I was just curious as to why it was not easy to have one username and password. But you have kindly cleared that up. I for one enjoy this site and appreciate the effort put in by you and reading the contributions from other collectors.
!!CHEERS!!