Genco Hoops

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
jimmycowman

Re: Genco Hoops - Now with Photograph HELP!!!!!

Post by jimmycowman »

Better late than never you're thinking....... This one of mine has the same colours.... strange? I got this from an auction years ago, 8 perhaps. It was a collector in Birmingham, machines on racking in a shed (steel framed). Hardly anything sold - reserves too much. Can anyone remember who it was?
Attachments
010920131356-(1).jpg
daveslot

Post by daveslot »

Was it Joe Fletcher's auction?
jimmycowman

Post by jimmycowman »

Yes, that rings a bell... What year was that?
howeinuk

Genco Hoops - and ideas?

Post by howeinuk »

Topic merged - Site Admin.

Can anybody help me please?

I'm restoring a Genco Hoops machine that's in a poor state. The mechanism to flick the ball is a bit Heath Robinson. When the handle is struck it pushes the ball delivery arm up, but the handle travel is limited to 35mm and I assume relies on the monument up to flick the ball upwards. The lever that makes contact with the ball doesn't appear to be correct, because it's not central to the underside of the ball and, the way it is set up, can't be. Maybe it was botched to keep it working.

I would appreciate if somebody could supply images of how the mechanism should be. I assume that there should also be stops, otherwise the casting that support the handle will be stressed and will damage the locating lugs that fit into the side of the cabinet (as has happened with mine).

Also, should be balls be plastic, wood or rubber and what is the correct size? I have borrowed the cat's plastic play balls whilst experimenting!
Attachments
Genco3.JPG
Genco2.JPG
Genco1.JPG