Reel lineup and Tube size???

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
toibs

Reel lineup and Tube size???

Post by toibs »

Hiya guys,

Hopefully a quickie...

Have a slight alignment issue with reel one here... is there any easy way to adjust it?? (Bally EM)
reels.jpg

Also - I have a £1 solenoid with no tube - any clues as to the best dimension to use??

Many thanks
Paul
raj

Re: Reel lineup and Tube size???

Post by raj »

looks like the reel band has slipped on reel 1. With the door closed, check the line up against dead centre of the reel glass. Hopefully only reel 1 will need adjusting. Pry open the sides of the reels all the way round, slide the band to it's correct position. Nip the band side in a couple of places & cycle the machine to make sure it has not slipped again. If ok, do 3 or 4 nips around each side. Job done
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Hi Paul ...

Good to hear from you again, hope you're keeping well and your lad.

As to the size of tube for your £1 solenoid, probably one that's the same as £1 coin?

BP
toibs

Post by toibs »

All keeping well BP - as ever we do what we need to get by :D I'm often here more than you think ;)

Hope you are the same :)

I guess you are right - something with an Internal diameter of a £1 coin - lol Any suggestions??? :D
Many thanks also raj - Much appreciated - Will take a look at it and remedy hopefully tomorrow evening :)

Cheers Chaps
Paul
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Easy peasey; go to a caravan accessories place and buy a metre of polythene water tubing. It comes in various diameters.
Alternatively, depending on the length you need ...
Scour car boot sales for 12 volt car vacuum cleaners. Their extension hoses and pipes are small bore.