Bryans Fruitbowl

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
justin

Bryans Fruitbowl

Post by justin »

Hello I have just bought a bryans fruitbowl but it keeps paying out more than its taking in i thought what was up with bryan making a machine to favour the punters and bankrupt the arcades , but i have recently seen that the dish is supposed to spin at a very slow speed before being pecked with the pecker, thing is i cant seem to find where the brake for the spindle is on it i think its missing, if so i would like to make one for it but would like to know what it looks like, a photo would be great any help much appreciated
livinginthepast

Post by livinginthepast »

Hello Justin--heres a photo of the fruitbowl brake assembly.it should be quite easy to make.If you want to make an exact replica i can take some measurements for you.The clock used a similar but not identical arrangement.
livinginthepast

and I'll add the picture when i find out how to do it!
Attachments
ebay 031.JPG
ebay 031.JPG (95.78 KiB) Viewed 4288 times
justin

Post by justin »

Thanks for that a lot i can see that the spring wire is on my fruitbowl too.When i originally had the machine most of the payout slits on the disc had been sealed off with nuts and bolts so every time it was landing on the fruits it was not paying out those showmen were just cheating the punters, when i tried the machine it was landing on the fruits most of the time and paying out more than it was taking in, but i loosened the nut off the spring brake and pressed it tightly on the spindle and tightened the nut back up the machines disc does now slow a lot where it is just about turning before the pecker strikes and does work as it should that is rarly lands on a fruit but the only thing i find is that after about 50 goes the disc starts spinning fast again and pays out all the time just like before, does it mean with these machines that you constantly have to open them to re tighten the brake.
livinginthepast

Perhaps if your brake had not been working it may have been coroded or a little rusty-but is now polished up.Ithink if you reset it and make sure the adjustment cannot slip things will be OK.It should not need repeated adjustment.
justin

Post by justin »

I took your advice and its working fine now. thanks