OXO one arm bandit not paying out

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
classicgambler

OXO one arm bandit not paying out

Post by classicgambler »

Hello guys, it's me again. My Oxo one arm bandit is not paying out. I have checked for any jams and nothing. It is on 10p play. The bottom arm is out. I put it back in, but still the same. Any help please?
treefrog

Re: OXO one arm bandit not paying out

Post by treefrog »

When you say bottom arm, what are you referring to? Also where have you checked for jams...?

When a win occurs, do all the associated slides move freely out? Have you checked there is not a coin jammed in the coin tube - very common, especially on machines converted at some point? You cannot see by looking down it, but need to remove it. Secondly, do the slides correctly reset after a win?
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Photos of the lower mech after a failure to pay please.
classicgambler

Post by classicgambler »

I've been here a while now and asked for help on a similar subject and gone back to see if I can remedy the problem such as coin jams. I have checked all areas for possible jams and found nothing. I have even checked the payout slides. I think I should have mentioned that really now the very bottom slide stays back but the rest seemed to be in order, all bar that one.
raj

Post by raj »

I think the key may be the fact that it runs on 10ps, which they were never intended to do. Probably a 2p Powell's conversion. 10ps vary considerably in thickness so jams can be very common. It is likely that older coins will work correctly, so you may have to choose to run on only old coins or spend forever buggering about with the slides and springs. De-grease all the slides and coins with MEK or thinners and start with only old coins to get a smooth operation before introducing newer coins. I had a 2p version which would only ever run on old coins, even 1 new 2p would cause a jam due to the tight tolerance.... have fun.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

I don't mean to sound curt, but you're not explaining yourself very well (at least to me).
Which is why photos are so important. Coppinpr's request for one immediately after a failed payout is spot on, it would tell us most of what is or is not going on.

You've just said ... " really now the very bottom slide stays back but the rest seemed to be in order, all bar that one."
Do you mean .......

The bottom payout slide doesn't reset after a payout. It doesn't go back to sit under the rest of them.
Or
Upon a payout the bottom payout slide doesn't slide backwards, it stays back in line with the payout tube.

They're different but both could be understood from your description. Help us to help you. :cool:

!TWWP!
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

And sorry to sound like a fusty old school master, but could you use full stops and capital letters in your posts? It makes it easier for members to understand queries and avoid confusion if they know where one sentence ends and the next begins. I tried to add them but apparently missed one:
classicgambler wrote:I think I should have mentioned that really. Now the very bottom slide stays back but the rest seemed to be in order, all bar that one.
classicgambler

Post by classicgambler »

Oh really I must grab my coat then, thought I had but obviously not then, must get a computer instead of using this crappy phone that predicts texts. !!JUNK!!