Somebody knows... Maybe you?
aristomatic

Re: Jubilee 3 reel bundle problem

Post by aristomatic »

Or more like this one?
jubilee twintube jackpot.jpg
jubilee twintube jackpot.jpg (33.44 KiB) Viewed 4279 times

GP

This thread could get to 20 pages and still not be resolved.
His pays 4 instead of 2 coins for 1 cherry.....................!

.......Taxi for Mr Nutt and Mr Muddle and a pair of trusty pliers.
greg1

Post by greg1 »

My machine is exactly like the second picture with the two jackpot tubes but with different reel strips. The jackpot pays 12 coins from the payout slides, plus one of the jackpot tubes. So now if I set the reel strips to the jackpots, will all the other payouts fall into line, or will I need to make any more adjustments? If so, what will I need to do?
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

I know how hard it can be at first to see the logic in a slot mech. It looks like a thousand unrelated actions are going on, but they are not. Every part that moves leads to a fixed result. If the the jackpot pays correctly with the reel strips showing the correct symbols in the payout window, then all the payouts will be lined up, unless there is some unusual damage to the discs, or the reel strips are not the correct ones (very unlikely in this case). This is not to say they will pay out correctly, only that the machine will be in the correct positions to pay out the correct amounts. Once we know all is in line, then we can see if the payouts are paying correctly.

Set up each of the payouts in turn (using the fan stop method. If you don't know how this works, look in 'Tips for Beginners' or ask in this post) and see what each pays. If it's correct, move on to the next one. If not, check it again and make a note of what it does pay. Once they are lined up correctly, it's just a matter of adjustment and/or cleaning to cure the problem. :cool:

It's just occurred to me that you might not realise that the three reel strips are all different and have to be on the correct reel. Can we be sure they have not been removed and replaced in the wrong order?
greg1

Post by greg1 »

I have fixed the reel strips in place and played the machine for a while. Two cherries and three oranges paid the correct amount. Do I need to go through every combination of bells, plums, oranges etc., or one of each payout? (I am aware of the fan stop method). And any pictures of the payout fingers for 1 cherry or 1 Concord and how far into the discs the fingers go please. This should pay out 2 coins. I know it down to the travel of the finger or fingers but need to know which ones I need to be looking at. Then I can make any adjustments needed.
operator bell

Post by operator bell »

You already have that picture, it's the one I marked up at the top of page 3. Now I understand why the Concord position has a hole for the cherry also - Concord pays as a cherry. It's the outermost finger.
greg1

Post by greg1 »

I understand the cherry disc holes but, if I have got this right, to pay out one cherry or one Concord (2 coins), the finger should go through only one disc, and two cherries or cherry and Concord (4 coins) through two discs. Back to the payouts - can I just check one 3 bell, one 3 plums, one 3 oranges and if these payout the right amount all the other combinations will pay the same?
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Yes, they should all be OK, always best to test all payouts though. It only needs one slide to be sticky and you might lose a couple of coins in a high payout. If the two coin payout finger is correct it should hit the second disc hard as it attempts to find the second hole that would be a 4 coin pay. The distance is easy - if it's paying 4 then it's moving too far.
greg1

Post by greg1 »

I've just run through all the payouts. All pay the right amounts, all except the one cherry or one Concord which pays out 4 instead of 2 coins. I have placed the reels so only the cherry payout finger will go through the first disc and no other but there's no payout. If the payout slides which are numbered so I cannot get them wrong are sticking, how do I check? I have cleaned and polished the slides and there is not a lot of movement between the reels. As for the reel strips, I hope this makes sense - bells reel one has 1, two has 10, three has 1, plums reel one 5, reel two 1, reel three 5, oranges reel one 10, reel two 1, reel three 3. Do they look as in the right order? As I said earlier, the machine has not been used in over 30 years but I would like to get it paying the right amounts.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

raj wrote:Another option may be that the whole bundle is set too far away from the payout fingers, thus allowing the 1 cherry finger to move too far, therefore tripping the second payout slide. I can't remember how the reel rod is secured, but Aristo's can be upset like this if the rod is too tight/loose. Hope this makes sense.....
Operator Bell wrote:I agree with raj, the "pay 2" lever is moving too far in.
The answer to your issue concerning the double payout may well be on page 1 of this thread.
Raj made an excellent point and Op Bell seconded it.

You may not have much lateral movement between the reels, but the whole bundle may be sitting too far across.
Each end of the reel axle has an adjuster plus locking nut.

BP
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

BP has to be right I think, I believe you have been missing the point,as BP says ,its not the gap BETWEEN the reels its the gap from the finger head to the blank plate on the second disc after the finger has passed through the first disc. It should be very simple to move the entire reel bundle permanently to the right a touch and secure it in place.
greg1

Post by greg1 »

Do you have a picture of the reel locking nut and adjuster please? The only adjustment on the reels I can see are one reel 1 and 2 and these lock the reels to the spindle. It looks as if the reel bundle is as far to the right as it can go. Aristomatic looks to have the identical machine. Is it possible he could supply pictures of the payout fingers on a 2 coin payout please? This would really help.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

I don't have a Jub at the moment and being honest was quoting from memory, which is foolhardy for someone who is about to install a full length mirror next to the front door to check I'm not holding a cup of tea as I depart.

It's just a thought, but have you checked that the vertical fingers are in the right order? I have acquired bandits in the past where somebody has taken them out without realising their order is important.
Force the single cherry payout and then look at the bottom of the vertical finger that makes the payout.
It should have a profile that only trips the bottom horizontal finger, if its profile trips two slides, sounds like the wrong one.
However, if it's over reaching and also tripping the horizontal finger above, check the length of the probe at the other end. If it's been shortened, it'll travel further at the bottom end.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

The locking nut you're looking for has nothing to do with the individual reels. On most machines it will be found on the far left of the mech main frame and holds the spindle that goes through the middle of all the reels in position. On some machines there is one at either end (I can't remember about the Jubilee). Usually, it's a screwdriver operated bolt accessed from above but, if I remember correctly, it's a square headed bolt facing you on the left side "A" frame of the mech on a jubilee. Loosen this bolt. Check to see if there is another on the right side, if so, loosen that one as well, then you should have a small amount of movement (left/right) on the whole reel bundle. Adjust, tighten and test till you get it right.
greg1

Post by greg1 »

have spent all morning and this afternoon trying something I thought of yesterday, being an old mechanic but still young looking,( I have no mirrors in my house) I found my old feeler gauges and through trial and error starting at 2 th. and working my way up, found that by using the stop fan method and using the only cherry on reel one and the same oranges on reel two and three every time and doing this three times for every combination making sure I got the same result and placing the feelers between disc one and two when I reached 25th it still paid out the 4 coins and between 26 and 27th it would not pay out, but sometimes when I removed the feelers 4 coins would still drop, so I think this rules out the pay out finger travelling to far, what next please
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

I can't believe we're approaching page 6 on this.

You posted this photo ....
IMG_0250[1]a.jpg
IMG_0250[1]a.jpg (30.15 KiB) Viewed 4388 times

I take it the finger nearest is the one for cherry.
Force the cherry payout and photograph the bottom of that finger from the other side so we can see how many horizontal fingers it's tripping.

BP
greg1

Post by greg1 »

I can not believe it also that's why I tried this forum to solve the problem, but does not look good, on the good side thanks to other posts on this forum have solved the lighting problem I had so something good has come from this forum, many thanks to those people that have patience and like to help others cheers
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

That's ok, helping out with machines is what we do, so let's see the piccie I've requested above ..... :cool:
raj

Post by raj »

I think we have established that the cherry vertical lever is moving too far, so instead of trying to bugger around with the reels, just bend the bottom of the vertical lever outwards, so it only hits 1 payout. A large pair of pliers will do the trick without any dismantling.
operator bell

Post by operator bell »

It may just be worn. That payout finger sees more action than the others. Or, it may be vertically misaligned - we haven't mentioned that before. Excuse my crude drawing but the finger should look like this. If the finger is set a little too high, the bottom step will push both the bottom horizontal payout lever and the one above it, causing a 4 payout.
finger.jpg

Alternatively, it could be as simple as a buildup of grease and crud on the bottom step, or the first two horizontal levers are glued together with dried grease, or there could be a spring missing or weak at the back (right of picture below).
horizontal levers.jpg

See the way the horizontal levers are bent at the left to line up with the slides. On the 4th click the fingers release and push these levers aside (out of the page), leaving the selected slides free to pull back when the master slide release is removed (5th click). If the second horizontal lever is bent or broken so that it doesn't block slide 2, every time slide 1 is released it will move back and drop an extra 2 coins.
greg1

Post by greg1 »

great news can now get the machine to pay out 2 coins with a little help, have two photos if you look at the one that's from the side of the machine the bottom lever that pays the two coins is working ok but the second one up has about 5mm sticking out allowing the second slide to open, if I hold this in place with a screw driver it pays the 2 coins, the second picture is taken from the back shows the vertical lever which looks to just touch the second from the bottom, have tried a little tweek but don't want to cause more problems, I also noticed that one of the springs had been shortened on the slide stoppers (not sure the wordings right) so also shortened the second slide stopper spring by the same amount but did not do the trick, not wanting to cause more problems looking at what to do next.
Attachments
IMG_0259.JPG
IMG_0261.JPG