Jubilee Riviera Golden Nugget

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
alex74

Re: Jubilee Riviera Golden Nugget

Post by alex74 »

Hope everyone is well.
I've been having a look at the GN tonight and thought I would share a couple of pictures of the ratchet that is stuck (picture 1 is best). For love nor money I cannot shift it. Now I reckon if I could force the little edge out of the teeth, I would be in business. What I was wondering was does that screw on the metal plate below the teeth loosen the teeth so I could loosen it? Method 3 taking the big bolt out and tapping the arm backwards didn't work. So I am going to try method 2 and take the split pin out of the bit in the other photo and try and lift. But I just wondered is there any other neat tricks to try and lift that stuck bit of the ratchet out of the teeth. Because of the angle I can only get screw driver pressure on it. I cannot get a hammer in. I just need the teeth plate to drop a couple of millimetres.
Attachments
gnmethod2.jpg
gnratchet2.jpg
gnratchet1.jpg
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

This is the first time we have seen a photo of the anvil,and it looks odd,please let us have a photo of the whole of that side please. If,indeed, releasing the anvil in photo 1 will sort your problem then removing the split pin will sort it,BUT as we have said before ,once the pin is out you do not LIFT the anvil but ease it towards you until it clears the cog.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

NOW I'M EXPERIENCING MISSING POSTS! ... hooray for Lazarus.
This is what I was trying to post an hour ago.

Nope ....... you're back on that lifting thing of yours again.

If you remove that split pin from the dog you don't then lift it. You put a thin screwdriver down the back of it and lever it towards you.

gnuggetmech2a.jpg
gnuggetmech2a.jpg (11.84 KiB) Viewed 2555 times

You're not likely to get the ratchet out of the teeth now, so apart from dynamite here's the last way I can think you can try. :roll:
gnback1.jpg
gnback1.jpg (24.7 KiB) Viewed 2529 times

From the back .... Slacken the two screws on the right. Then remove the two on the left, take 'U' shaped cap off and pull the horizontal bar towards you until the anvil drops off the dog.
It should take you 45 seconds and it will be done.

BP

To add to coppinpr's comment ......
It looks to me as if you stopped hitting the anvil backwards just short of it working.
alex74

Post by alex74 »

Thanks for the help again guys. BP I will try that and report back. Coppinpr here is a photo of the side as requested.
Attachments
gnfullside.jpg
alex74

Post by alex74 »

Great news, I did what was suggested with the horizontal bar at the back and it has freed. It just sounded like it was finishing a cycle. Ill get a picture of it now. It still looks though as if that ratchet thing is stuck, but for now it is great to have got somewhere. Thanks very much guys.
alex74

Post by alex74 »

Here is the photo of where we are so far.
Attachments
gnphoto.jpg
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Well done Alex you're nearly done. !THUMBS!

All you have to do now is secure it back into the cabinet and finish pulling the handle all the way down, then let it back up again.
Before you do that you need to take all your clothes off, draw the curtains back and make sure all your lights are on.
Then when you take the mech back out you'll find the handle connector back up in place, the ratchet returned to the beginning and the dog and anvil will have reversed vertical positions.

Let us know when you've got that far and we'll draw up the bill, also we can tell you how to recalibrate it so it doesn't happen again.

:D
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

badpenny wrote:Before you do that you need to take all your clothes off, draw the curtains back and make sure all your lights are on.
It's important to document this part with multiple photos.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

I suggest you do NOT try to get it to cycle until you have adjusted the anvil as, in theory, it will simply jam again if that was the original problem. Loosen the big bolt we have been talking about earlier and move it back just a fraction; re-tighten and try the machine out. If it jams again, release the back brackets to free the jam and start again. If it drops too soon, loosen the bolt and move it a very very small amount forwards and try again. Repeat till the timing is correct.

Before doing any of this take the opportunity to clean and lightly oil all the parts we have been dealing with. That split pin really needs to come out and all that old grease cleaned out from that area for a start.
alex74

Post by alex74 »

Just an update and a plea for more help. There is good news and bad. The good news is the machine will now take coins and reset the handle as it should. So it is going through the spin procedure, however it is not spinning the reels. Looks like the kicker isn't kicking them. You get a little jiggle of the 3 reels then the clock just does its thing and the handle clicks back in position. Im guessing this is what we were talking about earlier when you were advising me about exact positioning of the big bolt. Do you think this will be just a matter of trial and error, or is something totally goosed. In any case Im really chuffed to actually see the mechanism itself working again. So thanks very much for getting me this far.
alex74

Post by alex74 »

Actually looking at it. I don't think the brakes are releasing.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Alex ... You're like one of the family now .... so I'm going to talk to you as if you are ......
Did I not say ..... ?
badpenny wrote: we can tell you how to recalibrate it so it doesn't happen again. :D

Didn't coppinpr say .....?
coppinpr wrote:I suggest you do NOT try to get it to cycle until you have adjusted the anvil

So why are you putting coins in it and trying it? Tut tut :didact:

You're lucky not to find yourself right back where you started 2 months ago.
Still it is your machine :cool:

The reason it's not cycling properly is exactly the the other extreme of your existing problem.

With the anvil too far out it jams as you have just invested 2 months in putting right.
However with the anvil too far in it only half resets itself before firing. Which is where you are now.
You now have to play trial and error with it.

Slacken off the big nut and slide the anvil until the wear mark on its stem is in line with the block that the big bolt screws into.

Look carefully at this photo, the gold arrow is pointing at a ring which looks like wear mark on the barrel. I think that ring should be up against the block.
Adjust it to that, tighten the bolt then try it.
Dog and ratchet.png

BP
alex74

Post by alex74 »

Thanks BP I will have a good go at that tomorrow. I finished the cycle off as you said. And I guess I was just that chuffed the arm had gone back. I thought I would try just a couple of goes, just to see where it was, as I knew I would have to try it at somepoint. But I see what you mean, what youre saying is I should have set it first then tried it. which would have given it a better chance of being right or nearly right.
What is happening is slight shaking of reels but no spin, though the 3rd reel does like a half spin.
Sorry I should have reported back after I had put it back and cleared the cycle. I think after 2 months I just got a bit carried away @&@
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

That's understandable Big A.

You're on the home run now, you don't want any more steps backwards when you're so close to regaining your bandit.

Re-read the previous post until you fully understand what you're doing and why.

BP
ps - Banish the word "up" from your vocabulary.
alex74

Post by alex74 »

Cheers BP. After a few adjustments today. We now have all three reels spinning as they should. Earlier I had 2nd and 3rd going and the first slightly. Now all three are spinning seemingly as they should. The problem is there are no payouts, not sure if this is to do with it not yet being fully calibrated or something else. I just got bell bell Golden Nugget which should pay 10 coins. Ive taken the mech out again and the good news is the finger for 10 coin payout has engaged. Do you fellas think its to do with the calibration e.g the fingers are not going far enough. Its just I have noticed a bar to the rear of the payslides, that seems quite far back, not sure if this is the norm. It doesn't pay any wins at present, though does drop a 2 coin payout every so many spins and its not like a payout noise, its just like 2 coins dropping through. Also the click at the end of the game is a little weaker than normal. I guess Ive just got to keep going. Ill keep you updated with progress.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

A mechanical three reeler of the American genre always ends with the following clicks and clunks ......
1 - Reel brake one
2 - Reel brake two
3 - Reel brake three
4 - Vertical fingers released against payout discs
5 - Final and essential 'clunk' as the payout release lets go of the slides.

It's not unusual for the final one to not happen as it's the final run down for the cycle.
If the anvil isn't far enough out the payout release at number 5 won't be reset as you pull the handle down.
Count them and see if you get 5. this is important so check it and report back.

For further information .......
Also check you don't have an up ended coin in the slides.

If it is the 5th that's the cause, remove the payout tube, fill the slides with coins and watch what happens when a payout is due then report back.

BP
alex74

Post by alex74 »

!!THUMBSX2!! Great news the machine is now paying out correctly. The anvil just needed to go a little further. I now get the big click at the end which I guess was the 5th click you were mentioning BP. Fantastic to have the machine working again. Thank you so much to all that have helped. Its been very much appreciated as I know nothing about them. Its true what was said though about I would learn things with this first fault. I feel already I have learned a bit more. I will do a video on my phone tomorrow and try and upload it. I tried to upload one before but it said something about mp4 format not allowed.
Thank you so much everyone for all your help.
Im not even going to worry now about it paying 2 coins on a single orange 1st reel and it not having any cherrys on the middle reel like it should. Im just glad to be playing the machine again.(though I might look into that in the future).
Im pretty sure this thread will be of use to new owners in the future, as there is little on the web about the arm being stuck down. Ill get that video done tomorrow.

Alex
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Ok Big A, I'll stand the forward guard down and send the attack squadron back to barracks.

I'm glad you got there and are finally enjoying your machine.
You've had a bad time with that one, I for one am puzzled as to what led up to you acquiring a machine with so many problems, I doubt it was cheap.
I suspect your other paying out issues are down to "Operator adjustment" in other words the arcade owner fiddled its payouts to his advantage.

We can advise on that but I really think in the meantime you should just enjoy owning and playing it for a while. !PRAY!!

To put a video (MP4) on here, first upload it to Photobucket (free account) then put the link to it on your post. You'll see I did one today over on widget2K4's thread "Columbia help needed please"

BP

Edited to add ~I disagree with your comment "Its been very much appreciated as I know nothing about them." I'd suggest you now know a fair bit!
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Well done alex, we got there in the end, you will have learned much, the anvil adjustment is not an easy one and really is attempted only after all else fails and now YOU have mastered it, make sure that big bolt is real tight,we dont want to lose it after all this :cool:
alex74

Post by alex74 »

I actually bought the machine from HP of his website for £495, I did this in the hope I wouldn't get any problems for a while, so I am a little disappointed that the machine doesn't have the middle cherry and has the rogue orange in the first reel. Having said that at least it works and pays out everything as it should on the win card and on the plus side the cabinet has been painted really well. I think you are right BP, I will just enjoy it for a while and hope nothing goes wrong for a while.
It was right what you said Coppinpr I do feel with the help from you guys that I have learnt quite a bit.