60s Super Monte Carlo by ACE

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
wook

60s Super Monte Carlo by ACE

Post by wook »

Hi,
I just bought a gaming machine, 60s.. Is there anyone that I can find out information on it. It's Super Monte Carlo made by ACE. I would like to get it all working. Can anyone help?
Wook.
clubconsoles

Re: 60s gaming machine

Post by clubconsoles »

There are people here who can help you as well as on the MPU Mecca Forum.
Its great that you saved a 60s slot and you want to get it working but there is little interest from a collectors point of view.
If you post some more info on the details such as does it light up? does it accept a coin, do the reels spin? you might get lucky and someone will chime in.
If you can post a video on you tube taken on your phone, that would be a huge help to your cause.
Pictures say a Thousand words...................
Welcome to the site!
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

Hi Wook, welcome to the site :cool:
Can you post some photos of your machine ? is it working or do you have some problems with it ?
If you don't get any advice here one of our members runs a Facebook page for this type of machine, [url]https://www.facebook.com/groups/289907117793253/[/url] have you seen it ? !!JUNK!!
Good Luck with it... !!THUMBSX2!!
livinginthepast

Post by livinginthepast »

Hi Wook
Be careful with this machine-All the relays are exposed and work on mains voltage-make sure the machine is disconnected before touching anything inside.and check that all exposed metalwork is earthed.
If you can locate a circuit diagram it should be easy to fix
wook

Post by wook »

Hi all, and thanks for the replies. Haven.t plugged it in to power yet. Yes, there is a circuit diagram on the inside of door. I just fancied it, hey, even if ity just lights up, that'd be cool. Any idea how to date it?? Regards, Wook
chris rideout

Post by chris rideout »

wook wrote:Hi all, and thanks for the replies. Haven.t plugged it in to power yet. Yes, there is a circuit diagram on the inside of door. I just fancied it, hey, even if ity just lights up, that'd be cool. Any idea how to date it?? Regards, Wook
These machines were around in my last years at school. I left in 1968 and remember distinctly the Monte Carlo machine in the local bowling alley. If yours is still in the original setup (highly unlikely) you should have the following payouts assuming you are using the old brass 6d ACE tokens which have an embossed ace of clubs stamped on them.

ACE symbol (on centre reel only) 2 or 4... not sure which.
Cherries: 2/4/6.
Lemons: 8.
Oranges: 10.
Plums: 10.
Bells: 10.
Chequered flags: 10.
3 racing cars on centre line: 10 plus an extra 10 on every play for the next 5 or 6 plays.
3 racing cars anywhere else in window: 10 (26 ways to win).

You should have "hold 1, hold 2, hold 3, cancel hold" buttons above or below the reels (can't remember which) and a seesaw start lever just below waist height in the centre. These machines were quite noisy paying out. The sound of "distant machine gun fire" could be heard at the far corners of the 26 lane building.
wook

Post by wook »

Hi Chris, thanks for your reply. How knowledgeable you are. Could I have your Email address? Is there any way I can date it? I think it's original inside.
Is it worth renovating? Do you know anyone that will do it??
Wook.
chris rideout

Post by chris rideout »

Unfortunately, I don't know any more about them apart from the time they arrived on the scene. This was 1966 give or take a year. I first saw one in Easter 1967.