Bryans allwin anti-bounce unit identified

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
treefrog

Re: Bryans allwin anti-bounce unit identified

Post by treefrog »

God that so reminds me of the arcades of my youth, the day when I was hooked on putting money in them rather than taking them apart. Even the carpet is right, just needs lots of stains and cigarette burns.

Can’t believe a Razzle Dazzle is worth £2k :shock: , not that I have tried looking lately. The ultimate were the trio of Early JPM’s, which I regret not getting one when they were affordable, can’t see any in the picture, but they must be there somewhere....
moonriver

Post by moonriver »

treefrog wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:25 am
Can’t believe a Razzle Dazzle is worth £2k :shock: , not that I have tried looking lately. The ultimate were the trio of Early JPM’s, which I regret not getting one when they were affordable, can’t see any in the picture, but they must be there somewhere....
I cant quite believe that for a Razzle Dazzle either, similar with Barcrest 'Fortune Numbers'. They have to be good cosmetically, no blown chipboard edges or break in cashbox repairs. The reasons being these two were excellent games with good features plus now rarity value and well fought over when they come up for sale. They were almost all converted with change of glasses, looms, program card, plus everything else as jackpots were raised and customs duty made lower price of play conversion options more favourable.
I had several storage garages full of these at the time, and early JPM's, etc. I could fit 24 machines in each one packed in rows.
The early JPM's you mention; Nudge Double Up, Each Way Nudger, Lite-A -Nudge 10p/£2 , again rare as hens teeth, bottom reel glass change allowed 5p/£1 lower duty option, and they'd stay in the arcade forever and take the same good money every week.
The interesting thing is that the next generation of punters after these were converted now covert and want the conversions they remember playing on..... and so on.
moonriver

Post by moonriver »

treefrog wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:25 am God that so reminds me of the arcades of my youth, the day when I was hooked on putting money in them rather than taking them apart. Even the carpet is right, just needs lots of stains and cigarette burns.

Seems like our chipboard cabinet coin-op cousins are providing quite a good investment return on some of the early machines for those that hung onto them, and to think I used to have several lock ups full of them :roll:
IMG_2686.JPG

IMG_2687.JPG

treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Wow !OMFG! ......think I am too late to buy a MKI machine !!UHOH!!