Bryans 10 Cup

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
arrgee

Bryans 10 Cup

Post by arrgee »

I have a Bryans 10 cup purchased recently and have a question that perhaps someone out there could answer.

I am aware that in all Bryans machines anything painted red is operator adjustable. In the centre of the 10 cup mechanism is a small lever held firm by a red screw. The lever is bent in slightly at the bottom end and I am assuming that this element can be moved/swung round, but for what purpose ?

Its odd that W Bryan decided that the top three cups could be adjusted for payout (top left 6d - near impossible, and the other two 4d whilst all the rest are 2d) when there was nothing on the machine to let the punter know this, so why bother ?

I have attached a photo of the rear of the game play, the red screw is in the centre, interesting that there are still two spare balls held in by nails top right of back board..
Attachments
10 Cup mechanism.jpg
Bent Copper

Re: Bryans 10 Cup

Post by Bent Copper »

That is the Replay option. You swing the deflector one way or the other to give the player a free ball after a win. Try it!
Arrgee wrote:Its odd that W Bryan decided that the top three cups could be adjusted for payout (top left 6d - near impossible, and the other two 4d whilst all the rest are 2d) when there was nothing on the machine to let the punter know this, so why bother ?
Some Tencups have an award card at the bottom left hand corner, showing the amount paid out for each cup. I suspect all machines had them originally, but most have been lost. I think this is shown on Melvyn's Bryans website.
arrgee

Post by arrgee »

Thanks for that Bent Copper, will indeed try it.

Just looked on Melvyn Wrights sight and saw the small picture of an award card, I had noticed a pin sticking out of the playfield of my 10 cup just under the first runner (see photo) and wondered what it was for - now I know.

Where would we be without this website and the ability for others to share their knowledge ? :cool: brilliant !!
Attachments
10 cup award card pin.jpg