Jubilee Riviera Scattered - operating help (pic heavy)

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
scatterbrains

Jubilee Riviera Scattered - operating help (pic heavy)

Post by scatterbrains »

Hi all,

So the bug has bit and I just bought another machine from an old Italiano gentleman..

Needless to say it had some Italian repairs

It has a few issues most of which I've rectified with a good degrease and re oil...
Could someone please ID the machine to start?

The machine functions but it's stingy as hell... Am I missing pay out claws? Or is it just a stingy machine?

The lights in the coin area, what sort of bulb are they? Are they a circuit? They don't work but the rest of the machine lights up.

There is a spring in one photo stretched to hell and wrapped around this cushion that the handle when pulled bounces off.. The f***.. Can these be replaced and where can I get it from..? It's the bottom few photos... It's stretched out wrapped round and placed back to where it should be.

The first reel, the paper is terrible. Can this be fixed? It's just one small section. I spun up 3 queens and it didn't pay so I hope the papers haven't shifted 'cause they can be spun, they aren't glued.

The payout slides have surface rust on them... They seem to slide and it has the usual 5 clunks of the machine when in operation. Should I rectify this? Can it be? It does pay when you do win.

What is the magnifying glass for? Is it like the escalator in an Aristocrat machine? What art work is missing from the left hand side of the reels?

The door lock mechanism is completely gone. Any idea where I can get one from or who would sell one? Currently I don't even want to post a picture of what was done. It's all missing.

Can anyone spot any other potential issues? Or direct me to instruction manuals machine history etc. etc?
Attachments
image12.jpg
image11.jpg
image10.jpg
image9.jpg
image8.jpg
image7.jpg
image6.jpg
image5.jpg
image4.jpg
image3.jpg
image2.jpg
image1.jpg
image.jpg
Last edited by scatterbrains on Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:56 am, edited 4 times in total.
aristomatic

Re: New Machine Help ID and some operating help (pic heavy)

Post by aristomatic »

Magnifying glass... Yes, it's similar to the rotary in an Aristocrat but on this you only get to see the last coin played via the magnifying glass (you see the previous 3 or 4 on a rotary). After the cycle ends, the last coin played doesn't automatically fall into the coin tube; it is held in a clear fronted section so an operator can view what coin has been played on the previous pull (or a slug of course) through the square section in the glass on the right of the reel glass (without having to open the front door of course). As you cycle the machine with the next coin, the previous coin drops into the coin tube and the whole cycle begins again. I have a similar machine (but 4 reeler) but it has the same top box lighting set-up.

I'm out now for the rest of day and will view the thread tomorrow and if others haven't covered everything I'll try and dig the 4 reeler out and check it out for you.

It will be a nice machine once tidied up.

gp
scatterbrains

Re: Jubilee Riviera Scattered - operating help (pic heavy)

Post by scatterbrains »

Awesome thanks GP ,

Some shots of the inside etc too would be great, from anyone with a 3 or 4 reeled version.
aristomatic

Post by aristomatic »

Hi,
I have pulled my similar Jubilee/n&m Riviera for you to get some info. You will see the mech has an additional wiring loom with a 4 prong connector. It also has a micro switch above the payout levers. The loom supplies power and when the vertical levers move forward on a jackpot payout, an attachment on top of the vertical lever trips the microswitch. This then lights a corresponding bulb in the top glass.

Because of extra loom on my machine, you need to uncouple the connector before you can pull the mechanism forward to remove it from the cabinet. You can see one end of the connector loom under the jackpot prize lighting bracket in the top box and the other end of the connector just to the left of the first reel as you look at the mechanism. Personally, I wouldn't be too bothered about this extra loom not being present. Leave as is, or try to replace, or maybe replace the top glass with standard artwork. Probably best to keep on with the degrease and free all parts up before adjusting anything.

gp
Attachments
SV108616.JPG
SV108605.JPG
SV108613.JPG
SV108610.JPG
aristomatic

Post by aristomatic »

Here's a picture of the door locking mechanism bar. It's affixed by two shoulder screws. I'm not sure from your post whether you had any or none of this door lock mechanism.
Attachments
SV108621.JPG
scatterbrains

Post by scatterbrains »

Thanks GP, this has helped heaps.
I'm missing the entire loom. I'm not fussed on replacing the artwork it looks cool, not only that it's pretty rare to find these Jubilees in Australia
Artwork etc is next to impossible to get in Australia, especially. The older the machine you own or get caught with... The more the fine. Yes they police it here.

Interesting read.
http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/stor ... ost-11000/

I'm at a loss currently with this reel strip I'm thinking of going to a local printing shop and getting them to colour copy it true to size and I'll cut it myself. It's catching on the inside of the machine as it operates.

The door mechanism is completely gone !!UHOH!! It's just a crudely fashioned piece of wire with a bracket installed to padlock the thing. I removed it all. All I have is the lock for the key and half an arm.

I hate how people destroy things.. :!!!: the older generation try to "fix" things and ruin it at the same time.
scatterbrains

Post by scatterbrains »

GP

Does that single bulb behind the Jubilee part of the sign light up when the belly and payout fluros come on?

I'd like that light if any to work, I'm thinking about bridging out the other 2 to a digi flasher unit so they just come on and off randomly.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

if you have a good printer/copier you can do it yourself on high weight a4 photo paper,cutting and joining are not a problem
scatterbrains

Post by scatterbrains »

Coppinpr, I ended up gently prising the entire thing out after some work on the first reel. Instead of taking it out and fixing it the previous owner kept crimping the reel in different spots along the tear and wear :NBG:

I took it taped it through the bad tear and then gently sorted all the crimps out. Put the reel card back in but made sure I tucked the frayed edges away neatly and crimped in 2 places.. Played the machine, to realise after a while that reels 1 and 2 were both moved and it was paying on random symbols. After some fiddling and an hour playing I had them perfectly aligned again. The glue had gone, so, to further protect that damaged queen and frayed edge it put one piece of cello tape on that edge to hold it all in place. I know eventually with age and tape yellowing I'll have to re do that reel completely but for now it's protected and works again as it should.
I've noticed the clock in this model is louder than my aristocrat, I'm not sure if that's right. I have cleaned and oiled it well, however Woolworths no longer carries "singer oil" just this garbage Chinese imported stuff. So I'm going to buy another bottle of proper singer and give it a few more drops in the clock and fan area to see if it helps. No joke this oil had the consistency of water.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

strangly enough...in the Uk you can still get the singer oil from sewing machine shops...... its Woolworths we dont have anymore :lol:
scatterbrains

Post by scatterbrains »

:HaHa:

Unfortunately they are our biggest chain of supply here.

Oh btw anyone reading this. Pepsi Max and aluminium foil brought all my chrome back to mirror finish in some places, brought back the dull and rust pits to a shine with 40 years worth of scratches on it!
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Just happens im restoring one of these at the moment that i bought at Coventry this year,(chrome all gone,a bit of a challenge)I found the door lock bar in the cash draw ,it looks easy to make,do want a photo and measurements?
scatterbrains

Post by scatterbrains »

Yes please.
I spent all afternoon getting the lock off the cash box trying not to damage it to get it re keyed, to realise it was stuffed anyway.

That would be a big help as I have ordered 2 new locks for it!
You wouldn't happen to have the 3 bulbs in the top of the machine like mine would you? I'm trying to work out if the light behind the word Jubilee was supposed to be on when the belly lights were on or only on during Jack pots.

Cheers
aristomatic

Post by aristomatic »

I took a look in my Jubilee parts bins and found a door locking bar. I have no idea on the shipping cost but you can have it (no cost) if you are happy to pay the shipping costs, whatever they are.

It has no shoulder bolts or spring attached so please bear that in mind - just the door locking bar.

GP

If you do want it, let me know if you want any other parts and I will see if I have
them before I pack the locking bar.
scatterbrains

Post by scatterbrains »

!!THUMBSX2!! !!CHEERS!!

GP your a champ,
I'm happy to pay the postage if you can get me the quote for it. PM sent.. I contacted Henry Powell looking for parts also but if I can get the locking bar I'm half way there. By Shoulder bolts do you mean those large screw like ones? I still have those in the machine, top one is slightly damaged. Spring? Not sure I didn't know it had one as I can't see in your first pic where it should be sorry.

I am in need of the spring in the picture. Can you tell me what that bar does that the Spring has been bent around? It's like a hook. I'm not sure why the guy did it. I'm curious too as to weather or not I'm missing a light in the top panel? Is there supposed to be one?

Cheers
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
aristomatic

Post by aristomatic »

the standalone bulb lights up the jubilee riviera topbox artwork

this bulb lights up at sametime as bottom and top award glasses

so is on whenever the plug is switched on.

if you are ordering parts from henry i think you may be better off

just ordering all the parts you need & with just one shipping cost.

gp

sorry but may not get back to the thread for a couple of days now,
hopefully some others can chip in to help with any other questions
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

here is a photo of how it should look, (I happen to be restoring a jub tic tac toe from near to death at the moment) the bar it is attached to at the moment is just to hold the rubber buffer for the handle operation, the bar it should be attached to... well there is the question, on my machine it dose nothing,simply moves when the handle is depressed. it could be it opens and closes a switch on some machines,aristo will know .
a standard slide spring should fit it.

side spring.jpg

jub start.jpg

scatterbrains

Post by scatterbrains »

Thanks Aristo and Coppinpr.

I will see if Henry has the parts first then.

Coppinpr, that hook bar seems to fall forward and latch onto the middle bolt in mine when the handle is pulled preventing me opening the door. I don't think that's what it's for though. Hopefully Henry can send a slide Spring too.

My bulb won't light up behind the sign, it looks ok, but I am missing the loom to make the jackpot lights come on when they should so my guess is it's something to do with it. Maybe I can bridge out the contacts in the plug so they light up. !PUZZLED!
I just want them on not bothered if they don't function for jackpots etc. The tic tac toe machine looks sweet!

Thanks for the help guys.
scatterbrains

Post by scatterbrains »

wasted 5 bulbs but got them working.. Turns out bridging worked fine they all lit up. It's 12v.
Attachments
image.jpeg
downunda

Post by downunda »

Kev at http://www.kfe.com.au/ may have some. Check his artwork page...
Last edited by downunda on Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:58 am, edited 2 times in total.