Jubilee jackpot mech

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
titanic

Re: Jubilee jackpot mech

Post by titanic »

Hi, sorry to keep asking loads of questions. Does any one know how it works or have a photo of the mechanism that alternates the coins to each of the jackpot Windows? I don't mean the the part that is connected to the wheel on the side, but the bit that lets the coin fall through the first hole or lets it pass the the second. I thought it would be easy to figure it out, but its not as easy as I first thought. :dammit: I have been searching on here and Google but have had no luck. This Is the part I mean
Thanks
Attachments
P_20160329_184828a.jpg
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Ok, so now i know why the fortune teller machine spat out a card saying " you will make another difficult journey soon,all is not as it seems" when I moved it last week.

jub coin feed.jpg

the bar (3) pivots on the spring loaded bracket (2) moving the pin (1) clear to allow coins down to JP 2 ,nothing covers the first coin slot it simply relies on the coin jumping the slot if the pin is clear., I think every other click of the wheel changes the setting so two coins per JP between changes.

Did pull the handle once while I was there and got a winner AND it paid the correct amount !!THUMBSX2!!
titanic

Post by titanic »

Hi, thank you. I ran a few coins down and it wasn't jumping the hole. I then noticed I might not have cleaned it as good as I thought :woops: as there was still some muck in the chute. After cleaning this, it now jumps the hole. Just goes to show, I should have listened, and gave everything a GOOD clean while it was off. I have made a temporary pin out of a old nut and bolt, and it now alternates every 2 spins just like you said it would !!YIPPEE!! My machine is also missing a piece below the jackpot mech I think. I found a picture on line, is this just to guide the coins into the winnings tray? If it is, would you recommend trying to make one?
Attachments
127_170_csupload_63464587.jpg
127_170_csupload_63464587.jpg (8.89 KiB) Viewed 3081 times
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

I'm not clear what part you mean,can you highlight
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

I think there's a confusion here between the Jub Mk1 and Mk2.
The Mk1 had a separate coin tray to catch the Jackpot dump but the Mk2 didn't.
OP is showing a photo he's found on Google/Face/Bay that shows this tray but his model is the Mk2.

BP :cool:
titanic

Post by titanic »

Sorry didn't know there was different models, just tried to do as much research on jubilee jackpot mech on here and on Google searches, found this one on jm machines, project, sold machines?. So mine doesn't need the tray below? It Just looks like if the right pot emptys, it won't fall down into the hole into the cash tray!
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Now I'm confused.

Show us at least a full size photo of the mech in the case and front door down.
Let's see what we've got here chap.

BP :cool:
titanic

Post by titanic »

Hi, here are pictures... One mech out, one mech in and one with front down.
Attachments
P_20160404_155649a.jpg
P_20160404_154756a.jpg
P_20160404_154552a.jpg
aristomatic

Post by aristomatic »

Hi,
The part you alluded to very early in the thread I think is the part that solves your problem. Here's a picture of a part Jubilee mech I have that I managed to pull out to get a quick picture for you. Apologies, as it's not the best, but shows how the right window drop is diverted to the left to drop through the hole in the casting that left side does a lot easier. When you showed that picture of the part below the twin jackpot windows these are the gubbins behind the front cover plate that has the handle attached to it. I hope that clears things up a little.
Attachments
SV109494a.jpg
titanic

Post by titanic »

Hi, thank you for the picture. I thought I must be missing something, as the right side just dropped coins everywhere. Will have a go at making something similar to the picture.
aristomatic

Post by aristomatic »

The part will be available maybe through Henry Powell or someone here on the forum. I used to have tons of Jubilee parts but sold them on a couple of years back. I presume these twin jackpots were removed from machines en masse when the machines went from clubs into seaside and other non jp outlets many years ago. All those original screen printed jackpot glasses thrown in skips too.
dutchboy

Post by dutchboy »

Aristomatic, do I see a Dutchboy over there?
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Oddly I bought a box of Jubilee jackpots at the Elephant on Sunday..... no idea if they are complete.
titanic

Post by titanic »

I contacted Henry Powell about some other bits I need (not knowing I also needed this bit) last week, but haven't heard back yet. Treefrog, maybe if some of them aren't complete, and they have any of the parts I need, would you be willing to sell the bits I need? Or if not maybe a complete one?