Jubilee jackpot mech

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
treefrog

Re: Jubilee jackpot mech

Post by treefrog »

I know nothing about Jubilee's but do have a few spare jackpots for them, but can't remember where I put them, but will look !LOOK!
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Check the lemon symbols against the payout discs, especially reels two and three. You may find metal blanks have been inserted into the holes. Changing payout combinations into non winners.
If so your machine may have an exceedingly high lose %, leaving it a tad boring to play. :cool:

BP
titanic

Post by titanic »

Hi treefrog, if you you have the piece I'm looking for let me know. :D
Badpenny, the reel strips that are on the machine, I don't even think they are off a one arm bandit.. think someone has taken them of a Much more modern machine. Heres a photo of them....
Attachments
P_20160330_223815a.jpg
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

JPM eh?
They started 40 years ago as an AWP manufacturer.

It is of course possible they began earlier as a supplier of other companies machines, rather like Ruffler & Walker plus many others.

How do the payouts match up against the award card?

BP
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

JPM is my youth, especially as they used grapes......these are wrong, share a picture of the whole front of the machine it may help
titanic

Post by titanic »

I'm no expert, only just started this hobby a few months back, but the reels match no payouts. Am sure these are just some random reel strips... Anyway here's a picture of the wreck I bought....
As you can see it is the original payout graphics, but someone has scratched half the graphics off to change the values. But the coin mech and the payout slides etc. are still on sixpence? Maybe was halfway through a bad project before they gave up?
Attachments
P_20160330_231721a.jpg
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

So, nothing on the reels match payouts and the twin jackpots have been butchered.

Ok, before deciding how to progress I think I'd want to know what works and what doesn't.
What happens if you put a sixpence in, does it accept it?
What happens if you then pull the handle, does the mech cycle?
Do payouts actually happen forgetting for the moment the reel strips are all over the place?
Are all of the castings intact along with locks, keys and cash box? Strip lights?

If that's the case and all you need is the right reel strips and jackpot bits and bobs then you need to find someone to sell you the missing bits. The costs added to what it already owes you minus whatever value you put on the self satisfaction of repairing it gives you a value.
If that value exceeds £250/£300 you're throwing money around.

I imagine making the jackpot bits or finding them is plausible, the reel strips might prove to be a giggle.
If you have casting problems (there should be a bottom one with a lock to cover the cash tray) or the cash tray itself that could be an issue unless TF has actually cornered the entire world supply (always possible!).

However if you've defeated hemorrhoids .......... !!THUMBSX2!!

BP
titanic

Post by titanic »

Yep, the coin mech takes a sixpence fine, the reels spin fine, the payout slides payout, no lights, no bottom casting to cover the bottom or cash tray, think it might be missing the tiny tray under the jackpot mech (after intensive google image search) - loads of work to do, but I bought it as a project. Not too interested in resale as no intention of selling..... bet you have heard that before!!!!! :HaHa:
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

A man after my own heart, working on and saving these machines is what it's all about for me. Powell should have the reel strips or I can make them if we get the correct order from another machine.
titanic

Post by titanic »

Ha ha, coppinpr, if you have to move a fortune teller and a duo-mat to get to your jubilee, You must have a lot of machines! Don't think I have the space to save as many as you!
The other machine I have is a jubilee, not the same as this one, as it doesn't have the jackpot mech. (The one you helped me with the payout problem) but it has the same reel layout I think :!?!: so I might have a go at making them. The rest of the parts, I have contacted Henry Powell and he said he might have all the bits I need. :D Thanks for all the help everyone, will let you know how I get on.
titanic

Post by titanic »

Hi, sorry to keep asking loads of questions. Does any one know how it works or have a photo of the mechanism that alternates the coins to each of the jackpot Windows? I don't mean the the part that is connected to the wheel on the side, but the bit that lets the coin fall through the first hole or lets it pass the the second. I thought it would be easy to figure it out, but its not as easy as I first thought. :dammit: I have been searching on here and Google but have had no luck. This Is the part I mean
Thanks
Attachments
P_20160329_184828a.jpg
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Ok, so now i know why the fortune teller machine spat out a card saying " you will make another difficult journey soon,all is not as it seems" when I moved it last week.

jub coin feed.jpg

the bar (3) pivots on the spring loaded bracket (2) moving the pin (1) clear to allow coins down to JP 2 ,nothing covers the first coin slot it simply relies on the coin jumping the slot if the pin is clear., I think every other click of the wheel changes the setting so two coins per JP between changes.

Did pull the handle once while I was there and got a winner AND it paid the correct amount !!THUMBSX2!!
titanic

Post by titanic »

Hi, thank you. I ran a few coins down and it wasn't jumping the hole. I then noticed I might not have cleaned it as good as I thought :woops: as there was still some muck in the chute. After cleaning this, it now jumps the hole. Just goes to show, I should have listened, and gave everything a GOOD clean while it was off. I have made a temporary pin out of a old nut and bolt, and it now alternates every 2 spins just like you said it would !!YIPPEE!! My machine is also missing a piece below the jackpot mech I think. I found a picture on line, is this just to guide the coins into the winnings tray? If it is, would you recommend trying to make one?
Attachments
127_170_csupload_63464587.jpg
127_170_csupload_63464587.jpg (8.89 KiB) Viewed 3090 times
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

I'm not clear what part you mean,can you highlight
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

I think there's a confusion here between the Jub Mk1 and Mk2.
The Mk1 had a separate coin tray to catch the Jackpot dump but the Mk2 didn't.
OP is showing a photo he's found on Google/Face/Bay that shows this tray but his model is the Mk2.

BP :cool:
titanic

Post by titanic »

Sorry didn't know there was different models, just tried to do as much research on jubilee jackpot mech on here and on Google searches, found this one on jm machines, project, sold machines?. So mine doesn't need the tray below? It Just looks like if the right pot emptys, it won't fall down into the hole into the cash tray!
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Now I'm confused.

Show us at least a full size photo of the mech in the case and front door down.
Let's see what we've got here chap.

BP :cool:
titanic

Post by titanic »

Hi, here are pictures... One mech out, one mech in and one with front down.
Attachments
P_20160404_155649a.jpg
P_20160404_154756a.jpg
P_20160404_154552a.jpg
aristomatic

Post by aristomatic »

Hi,
The part you alluded to very early in the thread I think is the part that solves your problem. Here's a picture of a part Jubilee mech I have that I managed to pull out to get a quick picture for you. Apologies, as it's not the best, but shows how the right window drop is diverted to the left to drop through the hole in the casting that left side does a lot easier. When you showed that picture of the part below the twin jackpot windows these are the gubbins behind the front cover plate that has the handle attached to it. I hope that clears things up a little.
Attachments
SV109494a.jpg
titanic

Post by titanic »

Hi, thank you for the picture. I thought I must be missing something, as the right side just dropped coins everywhere. Will have a go at making something similar to the picture.