Advice on space-themed allwins

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
apollo360

Advice on space-themed allwins

Post by apollo360 »

Greetings all. I'm new to the Penny Machines forum and was hoping to ask for your sage advice. I'm looking to acquire a nice space-themed allwin, original condition, day-one backflash and keys. What would you recommend machine-wise, the reasonable going rate for a good model and as the best way to obtain one? I've seen Ebay and Elephant House auctions, but would welcome the views and advice from the experts on this forum. I've got the cash waiting, I just want to make the right moves to give a decent allwin a loving home. Thanks in advance!! :)
coppinpr

Re: Advice on space-themed allwins

Post by coppinpr »

Welcome to the forum, I'm a bandit man really, although I do have a couple of allwins. The real experts will be along later to put you on the right track.

My limited allwin experience makes me think there are not a great number of space themed machines - they had pretty much died out by the late '60s when anything space was in fashion. Mr P will know them all, have photos and the makers' mother's maiden name on file :D
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

There are a few space themed machines, allwins include Parkers Journey into Space, Oliver whales Inter-Space, Wonders Space Shot and Ruffler and Walker Earth Satellite.

Other non allwin space machines include Bryan's Satellite (my fav, probably because I have one one), Beromat Space Flight and I am sure many more like the Telstar we posted recently.

Price, who knows, like any auction, what someone will pay, but most allwins are in the range of £375 to £800, depending on demand condition, etc etc.....all the places you mentioned sell these as well as the Coventry auction.

By the way I assume there is no double Coventry this year !PUZZLED!
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

The next Coventry is the last Sunday in November (27th)
The Website dedicated to it is
http://www.vintageamusementsauctions.co ... 4590598868

You'll note it's as different to Elephant House as chalk is to cheese.

With regards to Space Themed Allwins, a little caution is encouraged as I saw a Repro/Fantasy one not too long ago being sold at an Antiques Centre. Clear to me it was "brand spankers" with computer printed graphics but not obvious to the bloke gushing over it at £750.

BP :cool:
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Treefrog has listed them all, as far as I know. Seems odd there aren' t more. Oliver Whales' Jet Play is the only other one that comes to mind - not quite space though.

There are a few Shoot to the Moon/Stars type allwins from an earlier period, again not really space age - see here.

There are also a few post-war space-themed German wall machines (not allwins), such as Meteor, E. Kirchmeyer, 1954, Saturn, Wilhelm Söker, 1954, Jupiter, Günter Wulff, 1960, Sputnik, NSM, 1960 and the strange pre-war, pre space-age Mondrakete of 1929 (Vermos Ag.)
apollo360

Post by apollo360 »

Thanks for your help guys ... really appreciate the information and the links. !!THUMBSX2!!
jingle

Post by jingle »

The last parkers journey in to space on ebay
Was about 7 or 8 years ago
Before treefrog was born : ))
It made 1800 or around there
Don't recall another being for sale ,,
But am not as sharp as treefrog anymore :cry:
widget2k4

Post by widget2k4 »

will be interesting to see how much the one goes for in 2 weeks time then :shock:
apollo360

Post by apollo360 »

widget2k4 wrote:will be interesting to see how much the one goes for in 2 weeks time then :shock:
The Journey Into Space went for £1,900 plus their 10% commission (and an extra 2% if you are paying by debit card!). Bit too steep price-wise methinks. The Journey allwin was not bad condition wise, but had a lot of random drill holes on the left side panel. Either that or very precise and big woodworm had been munching lol. All the Carter's machines were being sold with a free signed Carter's book - a nice touch.
Last edited by apollo360 on Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pennymad

Post by pennymad »

The people your on about is Steves mom and dad