King of Clubs Coin Mechs

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
jonesthegarage

King of Clubs Coin Mechs

Post by jonesthegarage »

I have sold my King of Clubs and now it's arrived at its new home via courier it has decided to stop working. I am struggling to get photos from the guy at the moment but want to post this asap.

It has three coin mechs, 5p and 10p which act simply as change givers. If you put a coin in nothing happens but if you trip it on the microswitch it pays out fine.

The same thing happens on the 1p coin mech to play the game. Put coin in, nothing happens. Flick the trip and you can play the game normally.

Any ideas what could cause all three of them to fail in the same way?

coin mechs.jpg

Could it be that the trips just need straightening to horizontal? I assume that's what normal position would be if at rest.
coppinpr

Re: King of Clubs Coin Mechs

Post by coppinpr »

if your saying that if you simulate the coin hitting the trip by moving the wire(are these wire trips?)they work fine then it has to be the adjustment of (a) the wire its self or (b) the angle of the coin mech (I only say that because the coin mechs look out of line in the photo
aristomatic

Post by aristomatic »

My king of clubs is buried behind a load of heavy cabinets
So cannot get at it to check mine but has something just
Moved in transit or is door just not aligned correctly etc
jonesthegarage

Post by jonesthegarage »

by a process of elimination of me looking at photographs and relaying to him what to do over two and a half hours - he is a complete novice with no mech or elec skills - we have ascertained that the coins are dropping straight through once they have gone into the coin slot almost like a trap door in the horizontal part of the slide, so it sounds to me like some kind of cut out has activated. you can access on of the mechs at the top immediately above the trip and if you drop the 10p in it activates like it should, there is just this gap on all three mechs that stop it travelling like it should.

Anyway, sensing the amount of frustration on both our parts I have now offered to take it back and send him something else instead. I will report back when I solve it.
aristomatic

Re: K of Clubs Coin Mechs

Post by aristomatic »

If it is a cutout is it linked to a sensor on either the front door not closed

or maybe if there are not enough coins in the tubes to payout then it locks

out the coin mech so cannot play the machine til loaded with coins either

for change or for payout?
jonesthegarage

Post by jonesthegarage »

Interesting, I'll for check for both those. He did mention the 1p coin mech was jammed with coins because he thought he could fix it by just chucking more in so I think I'll start with that when it comes back.