Sega problems

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
jonesthegarage

Sega problems

Post by jonesthegarage »

I took a Sega and a Jubilee Riviera on exchange and promptly stuck them in Ebay masquerading as something on a bandit stand. Sold them both and was just putting a few coins through to make sure all 100% before shipping and the Sega has jammed. After inserting coin it drops into escalator on the first partial pull but when you go for the full pull the coin doesn't go through to enable full cycle - the handle just acts as though there is no coin in. - pics below - any ideas?
Attachments
f1ad93b5-65e0-44c5-b809-a4a5d35eb61b.jpg
0aeaa4e9-868a-43d2-bd27-e645fbca0b79.jpg
jonesthegarage

Sega problem 2

Post by jonesthegarage »

Topic merged - Site Admin.

In addition to the other problem I was a little aggravated by the handle being loose so thought I'd tighten that while I had the mech out, not realising that the bolt I was tightening was not the problem and its reaction to my effort was to snap. From what I can see it fits with a captive nut or similar in the handle itself. am I right? If so is the only remedy a replacement handle and finally, if so, anyone got one they want to sell.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: Sega problems

Post by badpenny »

You've sheared the bolt that attaches the handle to the handle starting lever.
Drill the broken stub out of the back of the handle and braze or epoxy putty a nut back in, use the bolt that comes with the nut you use to re-attach it. You may need to use a spacer to get the length right.

As for the other thing
escal.jpg
escal.jpg (32.58 KiB) Viewed 2652 times

You've got a Shefras roll down escalator.
The coin locator pin is attached to the bottom of the handle in the white circle. The gap between the end of the pin and the coin should be absolute minimum otherwise it doesn't unlock the mechanism by the time it finds the coin. If it's too far in the coin can't drop in.
You can adjust its reach by slackening moving forward/back and then re-tightening the screw(s).
However be aware you're tightening a mild steel screw into monkey metal, and they are prone to rip the thread out. It is possible it is already as tight as it will go and it's the whole bar the lever is attached to that has rotated fractionally so before you go tightening that screw check the grub screw at the other end (Yellow Arrow)
It's one or the other.

BP
jonesthegarage

Post by jonesthegarage »

Thanks BP, all good info. I'd managed to identify the problem with the bar/pin just wasn't sure how to remedy it.
jonesthegarage

Post by jonesthegarage »

all fixed and good to go, thanks again BP.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Well done chap!
BP !THUMBS!