US 25cents quarters

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
lol_penny

US 25cents quarters

Post by lol_penny »

Does anyone know if there is anywhere in London that I can buy a quantity of US quarters? I am looking for at least a quanitity of 100 or 150. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks, Lol
dirk55

Re: US 25cents quarters

Post by dirk55 »

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321458814009
Does this help
safetyman1005

Post by safetyman1005 »

You can normally pick these up at the Elephant House auctions in Coventry or wait till November and go to the Vintage Amusements Auction.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Errrrrrrrrrr .......... No.

The Elephant House is in Leamington Spa not Coventry, however the Vintage Amusements Auction is in Coventry
and that's the one that's 100% dedicated to the hobby of SLOTS and will never include such delights as Canary Cages ..... Tin Trays or ...... Picnic Hampers.
Clever Clicky Link

BP !THUMBS!
downunda

Post by downunda »

dirk55 wrote:Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321458814009
Does this help

£2.95 each? That a hellava exchange rate...
dutchboy

Post by dutchboy »

Indeed the Elephant House is a good choice. Or another way which is not so cheap, like I did this summer: take an holliday for two weeks and keep the change you receive all the time !!CHEERS!! (I was lucky and left before the hurricane came).
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

The seller selling that at the Elephant must be making a loss sometimes as they sell at the high end for £22 for a 100 down to £10 for 100 as sold in July. Given the weak pound, that should be about £20 worth of coins...... !PUZZLED!
scottie

Post by scottie »

Hi lol-PENNY
So you're looking at 3 or 4 "rolls" of quarters ...40 per roll $10.00 each face value... I'm 20 minutes from the U.S.A. border and cross over all the time.... If you're not in a big hurry I can start saving them for you....

Mailing costs might be a little high just because of the weight, but your pound is worth a LOT MORE than Canada's dollar .... The U.S.A. dollar is worth 30 plus percent more than the dollar in Canada... and of course there's no charge for my service LOL.
scottie
JC

Post by JC »

One of our regular vendors entered a selection of US coins at last year's Coventry auction, including 25c. I bumped into him five or six weeks ago down at Brighton and he said he has shed loads of coins to enter this year (British pre-decimal and US).
He also has some machines to enter :cool:

It may seem a long way off - but the biggest annual event in the slottie's calendar will be upon us sooner than you may think.
Entry forms will be available to download in the next month or so.

http://www.vintageamusementsauctions.co.uk/
slotsoffun

Post by slotsoffun »

Hi

I have bucket loads of 25c coins in mint (pardon the pun) condition. PM me. I'm 20 mins from North London