Jennings Peacock help

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
coppinpr

Re: Jennings Peacock help

Post by coppinpr »

Just in case you're missing what BP is saying, the slots that fire the GA are on the EDGE of the payout discs not holes IN the discs. If there is a linkage it would fall forward into the slots and moving the lever towards the GA mech.
jpmhotpot

Post by jpmhotpot »

Images of the mech all sides - In the last image there is a spring that's unattached !PUZZLED!
Attachments
IMG_3466a.jpg
IMG_3467a.jpg
IMG_3468a.jpg
IMG_3469a.jpg
IMG_3470a.jpg
IMG_3472a.jpg
IMG_3471a.jpg
jpmhotpot

Post by jpmhotpot »

GA lined up with cut outs in discs . All that is attached to this lever that slots into cuts is the long wire rod?
Also the lever has a hole in the top ? not sure if anything should be attached to this? This last image is a lever which swings but seems to do nothing :#:
Attachments
IMG_3474a.jpg
IMG_3475a.jpg
IMG_3476a.jpg
IMG_3477a.jpg
IMG_3478a.jpg
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

I might be wrong but it looks all there to me. "A" moves forward further than usual if it's the GA slots, this moves "B" which moves "C" which is the arm that fires the GA unit. I suspect "A" should have a spring to move it forwards. :cool:
Attachments
pecock gaa.jpg
pecock gaa.jpg (58.1 KiB) Viewed 2766 times
jpmhotpot

Post by jpmhotpot »

Hi coppin, yes, I see your idea but where you have marked A, that lever needs to be pulled back rather than forward to activate the GA lever on the side. I can't see how lever A moves forward into groves in disc GA win line but then pulls back the side bar to activate. My god that makes no sense :dammit: I thinks it's more than a spring!!
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

You're right, it all looks like it will work IF the bar (B) moves backwards, but this requires the rod at the top to turn the other way :!?!: (B) is clearly designed to move backwards as the slots(C) show.

peacock side.JPG

Would it not be possible for Nigel, who earlier said he has one in working order to put us out of our misery? :!?!:
alan57

Post by alan57 »

Silly question, but what was the idea of a gold award, as the coin wasn't gold and didn't have any value? !PUZZLED!. I ask this because I have a Watling machine with a gold award.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Easy way to pay a variable (by the operator) jackpot. The coin was exchangeable at the counter/attendant, usually for goods (sometimes a cash sum), often in the UK cigarettes, often used to avoid jackpot laws.
jpmhotpot

Post by jpmhotpot »

Hi Nigel, As you know I'm having problems with working out how my gold award mech works and what's missing! Apart from looking in books as a ref or having a same machine to copy? You said you had a gold award on your Peacock. Could you take a picture of yours just at the back where the lever hits the GA groves in discs please? Regards Peter.

I've posted images of my machine and where the problem is.
clubconsoles

Post by clubconsoles »

Hi Peter
I will do my best to explain with the aid of pictures!

During the wind up cycle(handle pull) roller bearing marked A is lifted so it runs along the uppermost edge of part marked *
This in turn makes bracket X lift up and the curved part at the top pushes pin B out from the back of the reels thereby allowing C Disk indexing arm to follow it out, Bracket D is part of the GA actuating from the spring loaded shaft that pivots at the top of rear of the mech.

the other picture shows in White how the deeper cutouts should look when all 3 GA symbols line up allowing index arm C to penetrate this disk deeper that otherwise.

Check you picture of the large gear side of YOUR machine, it clearly has the spring that SHOULD be pulling the GA actuating levers and shaft INTO those deeper GA cutouts on your indexing disks?

Good Luck and hope this helps

Nigel
Attachments
peacock-sidea.jpg
IMG_0080a.jpg
IMG_0082a.jpg
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Nigel,
What you say makes perfect sense (plus you're the one with the working machine). If the bar marked B (red) moves forward to trip the GA award but JPM says it should move backwards to trip the award. Just for my own peace of mind, does B move forward or backwards when it trips the award? :!?!:
clubconsoles

Post by clubconsoles »

It should move forward to make the award.
It is spring loaded to stay in the forward position anyway. The only thing holding it back from making a GA award every play is the quarter inch difference in deepness of the GA cut outs on the reel disks!
jpmhotpot

Post by jpmhotpot »

Thanks nigel I'm sure your right. Your saying the lever that fits into the disc groves is spring loaded, says I'm a spring missing somewhere? what spring and where it goes is another problem to solve. I need to focus on my restoring the cabinet and come back to this some other time. Thanks for the pics and time.
clubconsoles

Post by clubconsoles »

Yes Pete
look at your own pic here
Bar B is in the Forward position, it should be in the mid position so the large shoulder screw appears in the middle right where the R HAND "C" arrow is pointing.

The ONLY SPRING you need is that one I have circled in WHITE, you appear to have NO missing parts
It is so hard to explain, try and figure it out for yourself whilst doing the cabinet.
If you are still having a difficulty after the cabinet is done I can upload a youtube video but it might cost me a fiver as i need my son to help me upload!
Cheers
Nigel
Attachments
peacock side.JPG
jpmhotpot

Post by jpmhotpot »

Hi nigel , wow only £5 to upload a youtube video :shock: That's a bargain my son charges me £10 :evil:
I`ll get back to you when I finish the cabinet. I will post some before and after pics of my hard work very soon cheers mate !!CHEERS!!