Duomat penny slot machine

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
mei-mei

Re: Duomat penny slot machine

Post by mei-mei »

Hi, sorry for the late reply, I have been away for a few days. Yes that's the baby. I need the connecting shaft thingy and the bit it is immediately attached to. Thats a great start for me thank you so much. Keep an eye out for a back of some sort. What do I need to do now? Mei-mei
mei-mei

Post by mei-mei »

Just had a thought, if you don't need the three sides particularly, could I canibilise them to make a back? Mei-mei
arrgee

Post by arrgee »

mei-mei wrote:Just had a thought, if you don't need the three sides particularly, could I canibilise them to make a back? Mei-mei
Might be tricky mei-mei, but not impossible, as the rebate in the door would be the wrong way round
Attachments
image-a.jpg
arrgee

Post by arrgee »

Forgot to say that this continuous rebate substantially contributes to the overall stability and strength of the case especially as the mechanism is supported off the door.
mei-mei

Post by mei-mei »

Thanks for your concern. The only thing I have in my favour is that I have a background in furniture restoration so, fingers crossed this should not be too much of an issue.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Hokey Cokey .......

This is the case, which is minus the bottom width. You can see the dials because the mechanism is still sitting in it.
I'd sell it with the front casting and handle as I can't be bothered to dismantle that assembly.
with wheels.jpg

This is the gubbins that is on the back of the handle, you look to be missing part of the turret and ratchet.
017a.jpg

In this photo I've left the mechanism in (you can have that as well if you need it, it looks cleaner than yours and has no Monkey Metal deterioration, it's missing the payout slides and tube, also the clock.) I think you need both linkages indicated by white arrows so, even if you don't want the mechanism I'll include them, what about the one by the yellow arrow?
018a.jpg

So over to you, what do you want ..... what do you not want?

BP (Who's sure he knows if you're male or female) **xXx**
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

From what I recall the rebate or groove in the front door is made identically to the rear, but the rear had a piece of wood glued in to make the tongue. So, easy enough to glue a similar piece of wood into the female front groove to make it a male back door!
mei-mei

Post by mei-mei »

Hi BP, could you give me an idea of what you want for the whole thing plus postage. I can manage without some of the bits but I can't get to the machine to check at the mo because I am at my daughters house for a few days and not because I am in PRISON! :HaHa:

Not really rocket science to work out which gender I am as I signed my email to you using my first name. '!'
Last edited by mei-mei on Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mei-mei

Post by mei-mei »

Hi gameswat, yep I notice that too and have already in my posession appropriate ply for the job. Mei-mei
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

mei-mei ......... please email me your postcode, then I'll draw you up a figure.
mei-mei

Post by mei-mei »

Postcode sent via private message. Thanks Mei-mei
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Mei-Mei ...... I sent you a pm Sent: Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:26 pm with the final quote. Have you not received it?

BP
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Hi BP,

Sorry, MM sent me this last Thursday:
Hi, could you get a message to Badpenny for me, I am still having some problems signing on. Let him have my direct email address as I am waiting for info on the payment and posting of the bits of the Duomatt he has. Thank you,
MM's email address now PM'd to you BP. :woops: