Bryans Clock machine

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
mei-mei

Re: Bryans Clock machine

Post by mei-mei »

Hi, not sure if you got me message re 'glazers spray', the outcome depends on the image you are covering, if any. If it has suffered any degredation you will have to address that first or the glass finish will show through.
raj

Post by raj »

all the artwork for this is available in 'Resources' on a tab in this forum, print onto decent weight semi gloss paper and it should do just right. The clock hands were available from Hobbies, last time I bought one, or other clock related retailers. The mechs are made from WW2 tank parts, so are bomb proof, so to speak. Shot blasting to remove rust & respray with suitable car paint will enhance the metal. Ebay for the spring, or ask the forum, with dimensions, and someone might have a suitable replacement.
mei-mei

Post by mei-mei »

Great thanks. I was a bit stumped with the clock hands because of the length. Also I found when removing the clock face that the bolts are metric? Bit odd for a 1930's machine, unless it has been tinkered with before.
mei-mei

Post by mei-mei »

Hi, got the clock face off with a mixture of metric and imperial spanners and weirdly enough a screw driver so thinking someone has definately tinkered with this before. Does anyone have a pic of the inside of the machine viewed from the front, (clock face off as i seem to have a few springs dangling and it would be helpful if I knew where they attached to? Ta Mei-mei

I wish this site had a spell check!
mei-mei

Post by mei-mei »

Hi, can anyone confirm that the penny return button located on the top of the machine is sited just off centre? I have to replace the top on mine and the old one seems to be aprox 50 mm off centre. Also just a refresher, does anyone have a pic of the front of the machine, (clock face off) as I have a few dangling springs I need to know where they go. Thanks a bunch, Mei-mei
13rebel

Post by 13rebel »

Mei-mei, the button on the top of your clock is most likely to be a 'skill stop'. Its purpose is to slow the hands so that by using your skill and judgement you can stop the hands on a win. It really doesn't do very much other than to supposedly make the game one of skill rather than chance. Search 'clock jackpot and skill stop' for lots of information and photos. Sorry I can't help with front photos as mine are from the back.
mei-mei

Post by mei-mei »

I appreciate your assistance thank you 13rebel, Happy New Year.
13rebel

Post by 13rebel »

Happy new year to you too.
mei-mei

Post by mei-mei »

Thanks, are you able to tell me about the placement of the stop button?
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

On the top, by the coin entry.
mei-mei

Post by mei-mei »

Hi BP, yes that is the one but if you read the previous posts the question was about the measurement, as the one I have here is not central but aprox 50mm off central. I was just checking to see if that was right. By the way did you sort out pics of the duomatt bits?
13rebel

Post by 13rebel »

I have just measured mine: the top of the cabinet is approximately 18 inches long, the button is 9 inches from the end, so in that regard it is central, but the top is about 10 inches deep and the button is 8 1/2 inches from the back, immediately in front of the coin entry. If yours is nowhere near this measurement then I suggest you post a photo of the top and we go from there.
13rebel

Post by 13rebel »

Just looked at Treefrogs photo in this thread and it shows the skill stop in the (seemingly) correct position so I don't know quite what can be 50mm off central. !PUZZLED!
mei-mei

Post by mei-mei »

My apologies should have read 5mm slip of the finger.
bryans fan

Post by bryans fan »

clock mech front047.jpg

This is a scanned photo (on paper not digital!) of my clock, from during its restoration. Hope this helps. Presently I can't get to the machine.
mei-mei

Post by mei-mei »

Brilliant thank you so much, Mei-mei
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

These were hand built and assembled machines so they are often all over the place, 5mm is nothing and well within acceptable limits, not noticeable in the photo. That is unless the button it's jamming up or not working? Then you may have issues with the wood having moved slightly.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

bryans fan wrote: Presently I can't get to the machine.
You need a better Brief, courts tend to be more lenient about parole over Christmas. !SAINT!
mei-mei

Post by mei-mei »

Sorry but I don't always understand your jokes B.P.? And today is no exception !!JUNK!!
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Panic ye not, you're in good company ..... along with the rest of the membership.
As for the photos of the Duomat bits I've got, I'll do them tomorrow and post straight off ..... promise.

bp :didact: