Bryans Clock machine

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
dirk55

Re: Bryans Clock machine

Post by dirk55 »

Hi mei-mei

The clock hands need to be set up at 12 o clock, this is the jackpot position. The clock face needs to be off. When you are sure the mech is in the right place for a jackpot win the small hand is then soldered on to the shaft of the brass gear. Clock face back on mech back in the case and large hand is bolted at 12 o clock position.

I am referring to one of your posts about the clock hands not spinning correctly. So before you start check the condition of both of the brass gears that the hands are fixed to if they are worn or teeth missing this is probably why they are spinning erratically. So if you could check or post photos of the gears then we can carry on from there. I just remembered yours is a 6 win and mine is 12 win so I'm not sure if there are any differences. If we can't get there with questions and answers I will take my mech out of the case and post photos. Have fun.

Derek
13rebel

Post by 13rebel »

With regard to the gears, you may find looking at the thread by clown catcher called Twelve Win Clock gears may be of some use. The blue arm with the upside down V cut out should rest loosely on the shaft protruding from the outer gear face. Again, this is a 12win and as Dirk says, yours may differ.
Last edited by 13rebel on Sat May 27, 2017 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mei-mei

Post by mei-mei »

Hi Derek. Thanks for the info, looking forward to giving it a try, but will have to wait till early next week as I am at my daughters' this weekend. Soldering will be the first attempt for me so any hints would be welcome.

Nice to hear from you again 13rebel and if the V works instead of soldering, it would help a lot cos I haven't done that before and with the luck I am having at the mo I will prob solder the iron to the clock! !!GRUMP!!
Mei-mei
13rebel

Post by 13rebel »

The V cut out is nothing to do with the soldering aspect of things. It was shown out of position in the photo so I thought I would point that out. It can be loosened via a nut and repositioned. It is there as part of the 12 penny payout system, or at least it is on mine. Probably best to disregard that for the moment. It was the gear assembly that I thought you would be interested in, as per Derek's post. 0n mine the big hand is on the outside, captured by a nut and the small hand is on the inside.
mei-mei

Post by mei-mei »

Thank you 13rebel, got the gist when I checked out the photos. From your description I had initially thought the V was on the bevel of the minute hand, but all clear now. MM
mei-mei

Post by mei-mei »

Ooooook, home now and taking a proper look at the hands etc. I can see from the previous postings that the minute hand is soldered on, but for the life of me I can see how the dial plate then fits over the top of it? !PUZZLED! I have had just the one beer but even given that there is no way the dial plate will fit over the top of the hand. I have only just ordered a solder kit so have a few days before it arrives, is there anyone who can enlighten me? !!CHEERS!!
widget2k4

Post by widget2k4 »

It definitely fits over; you just have to be careful.
dirk55

Post by dirk55 »

Nooooo
Hour hand first. But need to know condition of both gears before we progress
mei-mei

Post by mei-mei »

Hi, I have checked the gears and they seem to have all their teeth and turning easily, freshly cleaned and oiled. Sorry meant hour hand, was typing and sipping beer at same time not thinking clearly. :woops: Having taken another look at it this morning, if the hour hand was slightly thinner where it expands near the tip, it would be possible to slide the metal plate over in a horizontal plane. Maybe the problem is the hour hand its self? When it arrived the hand was among the extra pieces in a box. MM
dirk55

Post by dirk55 »

Hi mei - mei
If the hand doesn't fit through the centre hole easily you will struggle to get the clock face assembly over it. If possible can you file the hand to fit?
mei-mei

Post by mei-mei »

Thanks dirk55, I will try that and if it fails I will look online for a slimmer one. !THUMBS!