mei-mei

1d nominator

Post by mei-mei »

Hi, does anyone know where I could purchase a 1d nominator? Thanks Mei-mei
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: 1d nominator

Post by badpenny »

I call them denominators, but have spent most of my life in the wrong ..... being a man I know my limitations.

In order to track down a suitable one it might be an idea to describe what kind of machine it's required to garnish.
mei-mei

Post by mei-mei »

Hi B.P. always a pleasure. I would be happy with any type as when I took my machines up to the day centre folks were trying to shove any old coin in the slot just to have a go, even though I had provided the correct coinage. I appreciate that the right one is better for the relevant machine, but some of the machines I have, don't usually have one and I am only doing it to protect the machines in the future should I take them again. (I had to keep opening the machines to fix coin jams, really annoying).
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Hi MM,
The problem you describe is the curse of all vintage arcades operating on the original coinage. That and getting folk to understand the games - reading instructions is so old-fangled. Clive Baker's solution is to put day-glow, arrow-shaped printed stickers on them, with "Old Pennies Only" pointing to the slot. They don't match the look of the machine, but that's the idea - they stand out and help folk find the coin entry.
mei-mei

Post by mei-mei »

Neat perfect solution, thanks so much.
How you getting on the the postage and packaging B.P.?
moonriver

Post by moonriver »

Re punters putting modern coins in machines instead of old pennies I have fitted little swinging discs in the coin chutes of mine which flip out incorrect coins down a separate chute into a box. I make almost as much with these as the legitimate coins. Its amazing what people will put in, even pound coins sometimes!
mei-mei

Post by mei-mei »

I would be interested in seeing the design schematics if you have any? Thanks Mei-mei
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

mei-mei wrote:Neat perfect solution, thanks so much.
How you getting on the the postage and packaging B.P.?
What with us being in the middle of the celebrations for the Winter Solstice and other Pagan rituals that keep Druids et al from their desks of commerce, not so well.

I have placed the details on one of those websites where chappies with white vans can mail back with quotes.
As soon as The Chancers who reply immediately trying to bully you into choosing them for only £225 have all calmed down and slithered back under their rocks I'll let you know.
Shouldn't be long now.
BP
mei-mei

Post by mei-mei »

middle of the celebrations for the Winter Solstice
Neat alternative religion as long as you are not pulling my leg! !PRAY!! I will keep an eye out.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

which alternative religion involves pulling legs !PUZZLED!
mei-mei

Post by mei-mei »

Winter solstice leg pullers ?
mei-mei

Post by mei-mei »

Hi, I have a neat solution to the missing nominator although for the purists amongst you I can feel the cringe already. Please see picks of the original and a copy made using silicone putty for a mould and resin for the image. It does however depend on getting an original for the casting. MM

P1010001 (5).JPG

coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

good work, nothing wrong with those, original replacements sometimes dont exist. A more detailed account with photos of how you made these would go well in the tips and tricks section !!THUMBSX2!!
mei-mei

Post by mei-mei »

Thanks coppinpr, just done so. I hope it makes sense. MM