Mills coin tube blocks when full

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: Mills coin tube blocks when full

Post by badpenny »

downunda wrote:I'm defo not the expert here, but should there not be an overflow chute running from where that aftermarket blanking plate sits, to the D shaped hole in the floorplate?
No, because the overflow from the tube feeds the JP bank which is sitting in the case.
The overflow from that feeds into the hole in the base plate which in turn feeds the cash box.
sarg

Post by sarg »

Not much time today but got the reel order. No serial numbers on the reel strip coppinpr - they look like cheap laminated ones. I went from the cuts in the side of the reel edges.
Attachments
20170313_160212.jpg
20170313_160226.jpg
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

OK, there is a problem with reel strips. That does not mean they are wrong - the machine might have been changed to match them.
That is basically the Mills CH set 537. Just to confuse things, this set has 5 strips to suit 5 different set ups (the variants usually are reel 3 only). Even with varariants, your strips don't match. On reel 1 the plum above the bell should be a lemon and on reel three the lemon 12 up from the bar should be a plum. As I said, they might not be wrong, so mark the two possible wrong symbols with blue tack then test your payouts and see if they make sense with the changes. (Interesting that the changes involve plums which have been your problem).
sarg

Post by sarg »

Spot on with reel , should be a lemon instead of a plum above the bell, reel 3 is all good - all lemons have no holes.

Done every win combination - all good apart from reel 1, where it should be a lemon instead of a plum above the bell.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Good, so that's overflow tube and missing payouts dealt with.
Are we just waiting to whip the slides out and load them to determine how many are physically able to be awarded? Would 6d sort it out?
sarg

Post by sarg »

Quick update - I tried a load of one shillings and old 5p.

I didn't take the coin slides out, I just played all the nickels out of the machine. Started playing with the shillings and all the payouts are just 1 out from the award card.

So shillings are a lot closer to the awards then the nickels.

I haven't got any 6d coins to try so I'm hunting some down at the moment.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

If it's taking shillings, it won't take 6d - the tube and slides will be wrong. Also your machine uses an escalator, and an unusual one at that (I think it's a Buckley not a Mills, not that that should matter), but if it takes shillings it won't take 6d.

If shillings are more reliable, one option would be to change the award card for one that matches the payouts (I can do the card for you).
aristomatic

Post by aristomatic »

To clarify does the x1 coin out on shillings refer to

x1 coin over..Or x1 under compared to award card
sarg

Post by sarg »

aristomatic wrote:To clarify does the x1 coin out on shillings refer to

x1 coin over..Or x1 under compared to award card

1 coin less on each win
sarg

Post by sarg »

coppinpr wrote:If it's taking shillings, it won't take 6d - the tube and slides will be wrong. Also your machine uses an escalator, and an unusual one at that (I think it's a Buckley not a Mills, not that that should matter), but if it takes shillings it won't take 6d.

If shillings are more reliable, one option would be to change the award card for one that matches the payouts (I can do the card for you).

Thats very kind of you to offer coppinpr but im going to keep it nickel they run through the escalator smoother.so i will look out for 5c payslides.

Only thing im struggling to find is a new set of reel strips i cant seem to find the right 3rd reel, have you got any ideas who sells them thanks.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Mr slot has them, Mills CH set 537-1 (tell him you want the first three strips of the five shown). You will still need to change the lemon on reel 1 and the plum on reel three, but that's dead easy.
sarg

Post by sarg »

Had a look on his website - works out £65ish !OMFG!

Anyone else, preferably in the UK? :!?!:
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Scan them off one of your strips, print the two symbols you need and slap them on.

Now go to bed it's nearly 3.00 am, do you want a glass of water while I'm up?
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Just bought a set of strips from Dave (Mr Slot) - only cost $25 in postage. If you only need the cover up symbols, then definitely do as BP says. If you can't scan them, tell me what you want and I'll make them for you.