Somebody knows... Maybe you?
john t peterson

Re: My New Allwin

Postby john t peterson » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:17 pm

Good find, Greg. It looks to be in good shape with only the slight modification to the US penny. One of the major problems with that modification (other than the obvious molestation) is that the small US penny will most likely not be heavy enough to consistently trip the ball release lever. As you noted, removing the plastic shims inside the coin slide will return the mechanism to original.

I like the current backflash with the UV softening in the main play field. I would not mess with that were it mine. As Mr. PM noted, the coin entry plate should not be a significant challenge to recreate.

Well done on acquisition.

J Peterson
Contiguous State Collector

coppinpr

Allwin ID and info please

Postby coppinpr » Mon May 06, 2019 5:19 pm

Topic merged - Site Admin.

Another question sent to the penny-arcade.info site, member would like to know what this is and its history... So would I :!?!: Is it for real ? It looks old.
aw1.jpg
aw2.jpg
aw3.jpg

treefrog

Re: Allwin ID and info please

Postby treefrog » Mon May 06, 2019 7:13 pm

!PUZZLED! You don’t recognise maker......you can tell at least from the coin return if anything...BMco......which model, will let someone into them answer....

Same type sold at elephant 8 years ago for £480
FDCEB783-78ED-4BAD-A3DC-3FD0E321FBF9.jpeg

pennymachines
Site Admin

Re: BMCo allwins identified

Postby pennymachines » Tue May 07, 2019 12:11 am

I've merged Coppin's query with an older one which shows a similar '30s BMCo allwin (posted by JP) with the the Deco-style cabinet and glitter flash.

The EH example above appears to have a newly-made cabinet which doesn't follow BMCo design or dimensions.
The one below was sold at Chippenham Auctions last Saturday.
As far as I know, these allwins don't have a name.
Chip-2185.jpg