Inner Circle

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
dutchboy

Inner Circle

Post by dutchboy »

I just came across this machine for sale and all I have seen is this picture. I don't know anything about it but I like it. The seller says it's from the States and asking a LOT of money for it. Does anyone know more about this machine?
Thanks and greetings.
Attachments
IMG_0083a.jpg
gameswat

Re: Inner circle

Post by gameswat »

That's a weird one. !PUZZLED! I've never seen the base added before which is a gumball attachment I guess, does look like it matches the front casting though. But this game is such a mis-match of parts - the top marquee which is unlike anything I've seen on one of these style games says " 2 Pool Shots for 1D", but then the playfield apron shows a golfer and says 5 shots for 1 (D)?, then the front door frame has the baseball mitts in the corners! So looks like it was pieced together from spare parts to me. :!?!:
widget2k4

Post by widget2k4 »

It's the same as my Pen-nee Golf but with a bit added on the top and bottom from about 1940s I think.
Attachments
2017-04-28-09.02.22a.jpg
dutchboy

Post by dutchboy »

The graphic around the lock on widgets machine is on the added base and a little different one down the playfield. Are these machines built by Pace?
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

I agree it looks as if it has had spare parts added.
I've never seen that configuration before, which doesn't mean anything of course.

I'd ask how the bottom part which appears to be a ball gum vendor is connected to the mechanism above.
Does turning the handle to release the balls also operate the vendor? Or does winning the second to last hole do it?
If there's no operation between the two parts I'd guess it's a bit of a mongrel.
Likewise I can't see any correlation between the top flash and the game.
Interesting.
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

Dutch I was in a rush but what I meant to say was the unusual base casting appears to have been specially made for one of these games and not stolen from something else. It's closely styled on the front casting of your game but a lot closer to the Pen-nee Golf, still slightly different. Most of these game variations are very similar but slightly different, yours of course has baseball bats fanning out from the lock.
dutchboy

Re: Inner Circle

Post by dutchboy »

Thank you all again, trying to get more info about it and if possible take a look at it tomorrow.
dutchboy

Post by dutchboy »

Believe it or not, what started in auction today at catawiki? Here they say it's produced by mutoscope. https://veiling.catawiki.nl/kavels/1148 ... orige-eeuw
:burp:
Attachments
IMG_0085.JPG
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

Looking closely at the machines they both seem to have had the payout cup on the lower casting cut into as the holes are quite offset, the 1st machine is particularly poorly done. So this would imply they were originally made for smaller coins than the English Penny and later converted. Yet I've never seen any of these in US books so can't be common. And weird that both machines have the baseball top casting and both painted the same colour schemes? Possibly someone recently found a small hoard of these??