Beromat arm removal

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
bartleeto

Beromat arm removal

Post by bartleeto »

Hello all, starting to get on with resto on my Spaceflight Beromat. The arm/lever that punter pulls needs to come off and my question is how? I can see it's attached to other moving parts by a grub screw or hollow pin. Noticed there is just one slot to rim? Don't want to be heavy handed, probably an easy job, better to seek advise and do it right first time.
Regards Tony
coppinpr

Re: Beromat arm removal

Post by coppinpr »

You got to get used to posting photos... it's not that we need them so much as it's that we like to look at them. :lol:

I'm digging in my memory here but I think it's very easy to remove. The connection to the coin mech is just a pull out pin (I think) and a simple slot in to the mech. The outside and inside plates need to be separated (bolts from the inside) and the whole thing comes off. Photo first and when it's off before you dismantle - they are more complex than they first look. Show us some photos so we can confirm, but I think that's right.
bartleeto

Re: Beromat arm removal

Post by bartleeto »

Managed to get it off. It's a slotted pin that can be knocked out with the right size punch and fitting is the same. Slot keeps it tight once located. T