B M Co. Playball

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
junior

B M Co. Playball

Post by junior »

Attention folks,
I won a Playball allwin at Chippenham auction last Saturday. I must admit I didn't see it advertised until Friday afternoon. In my keenness to get myself registered and because it was late in the afternoon, I asked a couple of questions of said machine but failed to ask for photos to be sent over. Well bidding started and ended quite quickly and I thought that's a good price.

In general it looks good but, and there's always a but, it needs a coin chute and the cradle which holds and pays out the pennies and it also needs the ratchet (don't know what it's called) that moves the cradle over. Does anyone have any of the parts I now need? I aren't completely unhappy about what I've got but it would be great to get it working again. We must have and will not always get it right, part of collecting. Anyway, onwards and upwards and yes you only need one to buy. Any help please.
Attachments
IMG_0519.PNG
widget2k4

Re: B M Co. Playball

Post by widget2k4 »

I don't have any of the parts but if you posted a picture of the insides it may help us see what is exactly missing.
With it being an automatic payout the parts are scarce and I really don't fancy your chances of finding them. I had to make all the parts for my auto payout Playball. The fins are quite common for being missing or broken and also the brass plate with the teeth on.
Never normally a good move to buy one of these unless you see it working. :didact:
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Well I can offer "told you so", if that's any help. !!UHOH!!
I remember discussing at length with you the need to get a good look at the mechanism before bidding on these, unless you're just after spares. And this isn't your first BMCo. autopay. :tut

I think there's no chance of locating the aluminium carousel. If you found one in a box of spares (I never have), chances are it would be broken.

Lucky you weren't up against much other blind bidding - as it stands I think you've got some useful, if slightly overpriced, spares, plus some experience of the pitfalls of blind bidding. Join the club.

Maybe it will become economic in the future to run off the missing mechanism on a 3D metal printer...

Not much help now but:
Question for the experts, on automatic payout allwin

The BMCo Coin-Repeat Allwin

Images supplied by auction house:
Attachments
chippenham-1120.jpg
a 004.jpg
a 003.jpg
a 002.jpg
a 001.jpg
daveslot

Post by daveslot »

yep, i have got the same pics as you PM, i rang round to warn people off it, probably why it was so cheap. the auction house also told me " The machine appears to be in good order" :!?!:
aristomatic

Post by aristomatic »

"The machine appears to be in good order"

Amazing how often the word tends to appear in auction descriptions...
Whilst the words "complete and working" tend not to appear....... as often............