Sega payouts

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
coppinpr

Re: Sega payouts

Post by coppinpr »

Can I ask if you go to the elephant house auctions ?
I dont, but I will be at Coventry and I can post to you.
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Interesting, I have not seen one of the so called clone lite ups with the Sega serial number badge on, also good it matches mechanism. So maybe Sega did this variety possibly earlier or even later on. I note there are pound signs on the reels as well, also should have the Bonanza top box on indicating 18 coin win for three of them. Funnily I bought one on eBay two days ago, think it has original glass as well.

The top pay would be 20 coins for the bars and probably melons. When the reduced to 10 coins the left four fingers would be modified or changed to their cut-outs do not trigger the top three slides. To put back the will need to be replaced and yes they often sell at the elephant, ask for Roger he will provide everything you need. I think the case in my garden is the same machine with glass award.
geordy55

Post by geordy55 »

I've been to the elephant for the last two auctions, seeing some same faces each time, but don't know any names other than Steve. Will be going to Coventry this year. I had a feeling you would say that about the payout fingers, I'll have. A look at them over the weekend.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

As per my pm to you, here is one that might work but you need to get all the payouts checked and working first.
Attachments
seaga2a.jpg
geordy55

Post by geordy55 »

This is my current award card.
Attachments
IMG_1836a.jpg
IMG_1835a.jpg
geordy55

Post by geordy55 »

The vertical payout fingers have been butchered, so I'm now looking for a new set plus I think there's something been done to the escalator as once one coin has been used the escalator fires it across and down the coin chute in one go ! Exciting to watch but not what I want, there seems to be nothing separating one coin from another. So, also looking for a new 6d escalator !
geordy55

Post by geordy55 »

Hi treefrog,
I switched the slide and it's now paying 2,5 and 10 correctly. It seems someone butchered the vertical payout to stop any higher payouts occurring, so now need to find a new set.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

are you against keeping it with the current payouts?

need to see a photo to be sure but sounds like the escalator has been changed to the Shafers roll down escalator, this would have been part of the standard conversion as they handled the coinage better and didnt jam :cool:
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

As Paul says, given the change to 10 coin max payout was done probably by a refurb company or operator many many years ago, now it works correctly you maybe happy leaving as is.

Upper fingers do sell at the elephant and looking as the auction results often only for a fiver, but you need to check they are also not butchered ones. I do have loads, but no idea where they are.

Top boxes come up like the below one, which I bought las week with I think original glass not plastic glass. As seen the pound symbols are scattered payout 18 coins.

The front award original would be glass, I have one in the garden below on the same machine as yours, been there many many years but appears good. Probably would not have left the machine there is I had known was a proper Sega :woops:
Attachments
IMG_0640a.jpg
IMG_0639.JPG
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Also Mystery payouts do exist and will either be a 10 coin payout usually combination of orange with melons or a 2 coin payout on combinations I cannot remember.
geordy55

Post by geordy55 »

This is my current escalator.
Attachments
IMG_4387a.jpg
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Well it's a a standard escalator with most of the works removed. Can we see the other side of it please?
geordy55

Post by geordy55 »

Do you mean the front side or the left side?
Attachments
IMG_1824a.jpg
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Normally when they chop the teeth on the slides, they also modify the lower bar to be angled downwards to allow the coin to roll down, especially on larger and heavier coins like 3D and 1D. I guess sixpence is small and light enough to fire across.

These mods were done to reduce the time spent by operators clearing jams, as these escalators are prone to it..... I sold a machine to someone recently that had a Chalmers chain driven escalator allowing you to see the coins, but with the reliability of the chain drive like on Jennings... Seen lots of old ads of these even in the States... I have two or three spare ones.
geordy55

Post by geordy55 »

Just realised that as it was converted to 10 coin max payout and the fingers butchered so the top 3 don't work. It also means the jackpot cannot be activated as that requires the top payout slide to operate and it never will until I get some un-butchered fingers.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

I remember buying a machine a few years ago and there was a set of spare fingers taped up in a pack in the cash box. I'll look see if I've still got them... I'd forgotten all about them, god knows where thy ended up, but I'll look :!?!:
geordy55

Post by geordy55 »

Thanks in anticipation.
chris rideout

Post by chris rideout »

treefrog wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:50 am Also Mystery payouts do exist and will either be a 10 coin payout usually combination of orange with melons or a 2 coin payout on combinations I cannot remember.

Mine are:

Orange Orange Melon
Orange Melon Orange
Orange Melon Melon
Orange Melon Bar

All pay 10 coins. Most Segas pay these amounts
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

As mentioned there is also on some machines a mystery payout of two coins, usually includes the lemon.
geordy55

Post by geordy55 »

So far the mystery payouts on my Sega are all 10 coins and as follows:
Orange - bell - £
Orange - £ - bell
Orange - orange - £