Melon bell bursting cherry

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
coppinpr

Melon bell bursting cherry

Post by coppinpr »

I've been asked to make an award card for the machine shown below. It's described to me as a 1930 Melon Bell. I think this is only partly correct. I think it has to be 1937 as there does not seem to be any Bursting Cherry cases before that year. Also, I've only ever seen this machine (with the coins in the centre) as a (wait for it) "cherry bell bursting cherry". This machine clearly has melons on it and a different payout card. Perhaps the factory made a melon version? Making it a "melon bell bursting cherry" or is it a conversion? What do you think?
Wouldn't it be nice if we had all the real names the factory used?

The colours are ludicrous, green cherries?
Attachments
melon bell.jpg
coppinpr

Re: Melon bell bursting cherry

Post by coppinpr »

adding weight to the machine being factory produced Ive now received what is said to be a sales flyer, not a very politically correct one at that
flyer melon bell.jpg

treefrog

Post by treefrog »

If it were me, I would want the metal award versions. Have no knowledge whether they were produced in both forms.. I am sure metal ones would be available in the states
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

i told the guy much the same, it does seem though they were produced with a paper card( trapped under a metal oval frame) as well as a metal oval plate and that Metal ones for the bursting cherry are available but not for the Melon version which has an extra melon line at the top