Aristocrat Carousel top glass

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
coppinpr

Aristocrat Carousel top glass

Post by coppinpr »

Help please, I want to make a top glass for a friend for his Aristocrat Carousel. He has no glass for me to work from and I can't find a good front or glare free photo online. Can anyone help please (Tom? Aristo?)
treefrog

Re: Aristocrat Carousel top glass

Post by treefrog »

Unfortunately I have vowed not to talk about Australian amusement machines anymore as it appears as per advice from the controllers this was too often, so may pop in on the site and assist or comment on other matters over time. Additionally removed all pictures associated with a certain machine that will now not be seen again :#:

Good luck with your hunt
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

My vow did not last long, I assume you mean like the one below. Spares of the top glass are far less common than the belly as is often seen with empty frames. If correct and noneone comes back with better picture, I will snap a better image of one when in front of a machine.

Cheers
Attachments
Ipswich-20130601-00242.jpg
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Thanks Tom,thats exactly what I want, if you can photo it for me I will be eternally grateful .

who says you comment too much? certainly not me,I dont actually see how you can comment too much !PUZZLED!
keep commenting...on everything, there are far too many on this site just looking at the mass of interesting info and benefiting from it and not contributing anything towards it
brigham

Post by brigham »

That's the WORST style Arcadian they ever made! I turned one down for £20, years ago, just because it was a Carousel!
ANY Arcadian style is better than that one!

(PS. Apart from FIESTA. That's s**te as well).
Last edited by brigham on Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

I guess there are many tastes, thank goodness or we would all like the same machines :roll: and these machines were very popular in their time with the arcades. They are bright and colourful and reliable. Worse thing about this model of machine was the plastic belly surround, which were brittle or easily damaged. They look good lit up. I will buy a truck load at £20 each :D
aristomatic

Post by aristomatic »

Saw thread and TF original reply, so after lunch I popped down the cellar and was surprised that I didn't have one in my spares or on a machine.....

I now see TF further response so will leave to him, or others to sort you out. I have loads of images on an old PC that I don't use I could fire up later and check if you don't get sorted out in the near term, just let me know..............

The lower award card frame that TF mentions above was/is very fragile. I have owned Arcadians that were fitted with a different frame. Not sure if an operator or revamper decided to tool up. These were not "chromed" like the original frame was.
NB I would struggle NOT to buy any mechanical machine for £20.
brigham

Post by brigham »

Aristocrats in general are mechanically good. I have a pair of Sheerlines on 6d., and I can't fault the engineering.
It's definitely personal. I hated the Carousel/Fiesta ones at the time, and things just haven't changed with age. I was offered a nice one last week, newly restored, with a double drop jackpot front. Lovely machine. I thought £750 was a bit steep, though. Perhaps I'm a bit out-of-touch. (Am I supposed to post in Blue, by the way? How do I do that?)
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

I suspect the disturbing side to the artwork on these is they have a very juvenile look to them or should I say, have an appearance where they are targeting children rather than an adult, like you would see in a kiddie book or toy, not sure if intentional. I am not clear on age limits for kids in the early days in arcades, but pictures posted on the site shows youngsters around machines playing them, target market I guess.

You're right Aristo, there is a black curved moulder plastic front I have seen. I have one kicking around and assumed they were revamp replacements for damaged machines. Never appealed to me though.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

treefrog wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:32 am Unfortunately I have vowed not to talk about Australian amusement machines any more as it appears as per advice from the controllers this was too often
Who are these controllers and which one told you that? :o Don't you take any notice of them TF.
brigham wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:08 pm (Am I supposed to post in Blue, by the way? How do I do that?)
When yours is the most recent post in the thread it will appear in a black font. It defaults to blue when followed by another post. I think...
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

treefrog wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:32 am Unfortunately I have vowed not to talk about Australian amusement machines anymore as it appears as per advice from the controllers this was too often, so may pop in on the site and assist or comment on other matters over time. Additionally removed all pictures associated with a certain machine that will now not be seen again :#:

Good luck with your hunt
Sounds sinister???
brigham

Post by brigham »

Sounds like typical enthusiast-group in-fighting.
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

pennymachines wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:35 pm Who are these controllers and which one told you that? :o Don't you take any notice of them TF.
I rarely let things bother me for too long Mr P and move on, but will avoid certain topics in future.....seems there has been a little heat over the last few days hopefully after a few babyshams and a good sleep all will be returned to normal...

Anyone see the crazy moon tonight, i was out doing a public firework display, another hobby of mine and this wild alien ring around the moon got bigger and bigger, wonder if this the cause of everything.. !YAWNCAT!
Attachments
16DAE52A-68ED-4739-B7A6-A89650D1B43E.jpeg
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

As promised
Attachments
D729BA84-D756-482C-A104-506EEC32A245.jpeg