Buckley

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
brigham

Buckley

Post by brigham »

How do more knowledgeable folk rate the Buckley bandits?
I'm told they are a version of the Mills Black Cherry, which seems about right, looking at the pictures.
Has anyone here got one? There have been a couple on eBay of late, and it's probably time I had one.
coppinpr

Re: Buckley

Post by coppinpr »

They are favorite of mine. I have three. One with a Mills mech and two with Buckley mechs. I like the simple Deco design and I like the Buckley history. He was one of the more "interesting" owners, not beyond working outside the law, but a good business man and maker of some truly great machines like the Bones and Track Odds.

The true Buckley bandit mechs are clearly a Mills rip off with one or two unusual features and they are very reliable. The Buckley escalator, although working much like a Mills, are a totally different design, easily recognizable through the top glass as the coins touch each other rather than being separated like the Mills.
The Criss-cross is the most seen model and rarely has a jackpot and, I think, always has a dagger handle.
Buckley had a world-wide dealer network and Buckleys are quite common in Europe.

The one on ebay at the moment is advertised as a "Mills Buckley". In fact it's a "Buckley Buckley" - the mech, escalator and internal handle mech are all Buckley. Interestingly, it has a wooden coin box. One of mine came with exactly the same coin box, which I assumed was an addition, but seeing a second one makes me wonder. It looks like a nice machine but the price asked reflects that.
Attachments
Police raiding the Buckley factory in 1950
Police raiding the Buckley factory in 1950
case finished.jpg
jackpot buckley.jpg
brigham

Post by brigham »

Thanks. I'm now looking for a Buckley.
(It'll be a change from SEGA, which I am told I have 'too many of'. Odd concept, 'too many'...)
clubconsoles

Post by clubconsoles »

Buckley even revamped rol a tops, i have one.
Attachments
26856161_10213686237304506_1840626300_n.jpg