Duomat problem

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
junior

Duomat problem

Post by junior »

I have a 1959 Duomat machine. It looks good from the outside with the nice mirrored front. On the front it say 10pf and the coinslot is
small enough to fit 1np or 6d. When I turn the handle both wheels go round. I think there is either a part missing or broken off. Please see photos. Also all instructions for use is in German so can somebody tell me how to play it. Thanks.
Attachments
imageaa.jpg
image2ba.jpg
image1aa.jpg
treefrog

Re: Duomat problem

Post by treefrog »

What do you believe is missing? What happens when you play?
junior

Post by junior »

I’m not sure what coin to use. When I've put 1p in it doesn't affect the use of machine. I can use the handle any time and the roulette wheels work.There doesn't seem to be a break that shuts the game off until you put a coin in. Maybe there's something missing from the back of the handle that rotates and stop for each go.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

The play consists of the following .........

Without a coin being entered the handle can be spun but nothing happens.
Enter a coin and one rotation of the handle will set both wheels spinning. It doesn't matter how fast you turn the handle, it doesn't effect the speed they spin at.
At first the top wheel stops leaving the arrow pointing at a number.
The second wheel (roulette with a ball) stops. To win it needs to come to rest either in the area at 6 o'clock in which case you win the amount indicated by the arrow in the first wheel. If instead it stops with the ball in the area at 10 o'clock or 2 o'clock then you win 2 coins.
The whole game from beginning to end should last 15 seconds (German gaming laws post war) If it stops quicker than that then the governor/clock has been wired shut so it spins faster.

BP
liquorbox

Post by liquorbox »

Pictures look to be complete machine.

Good write up badpenny

Mine currently only pays 2 or 4 coins at payout positions.
Think it's just an adjustment needed.
junior

Post by junior »

Thanks for your help.
In the first photo, just to the right of the silver looking coin chute, is a short piece of metal attached to a spring that fits in the third hole down. It's being held up by a rod. How do I get the rod to go down?
On the back of the handle there is a rod that is touching the cabinet that goes behind the payout slides but doesn’t move at all. What is it meant to do?
liquorbox

Post by liquorbox »

I've only acquired mine a short while ago and really haven't played with or looked at how it works to be able to help you.
I'd just read and understand badpenny's write up, maybe even print it then give it a few pulls and watch it work.
With that write up you know when is should pay and how much it should pay.
Then maybe you'll know more of how it works and get more help with what you find.
There are also other posts for the machine that you can explore. !!CHEERS!!
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Here are a few photos to refer to (they were actually taken to show a coin jam I was having so disregard the mass of 1d coins. As you can see, it all seems to be there, except, I think, the coin payout tube. First thing to check is the clock. These are not easy to work on as they are pretty much sealed up, but you can remove them and check they run smooth and easy. The brakes for the two reels have a rubber wheel on and drop into the reels as the last part of the unwind cycle and make a rather pleasant bobbling noise as they slow the reels to a stop.

Take the mech off (it's real easy to get off) and get to know the process.
It's been a few years since I opened one up, but if I remember correctly (BP will put me right if I get it wrong), the coin stops the rod you mention from rising when the handle is turned. This allows the handle to engage and run the machine.
Attachments
inside2.jpg
inside1.jpg
mech.jpg
inside3.jpg
inside4.jpg
junior

Post by junior »

When I turn the handle after the clicks both wheels go round .They stop in the right sequence and the payout slide moves back to where it was before play about 5/6mm to right.This happens without having put any money in.
When I put 1p in to play it drops through to the reject slot.If I bypass the Crome slot and drop coin into mech it does drop into coin tube when I turn handle.
Got the pennies out of the coin tube which was nearly full,all of them dated 1971.
When roulette wheels stop on winning places it doesn’t pay out.
The clock is working ok.
What do I do next ?
Not too confident
Thanks
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

It sounds to me as if your coin mech isn't complete or it's just not happy running on the type of coins you're using.

If it's not paying out then something is out of kilter with either the win detector or more likely the slides release.
It probably needs a strip down to properly get to the bottom of it. Fixing machines over the phone or by wirting is never easy. By wirting I of course mean writing, but I like my new word, so I've decided to leave it in and commit myself to using it at least three times a day.
If you want to get it to me I'll happily sit and talk you through it, they're no more complicated than a woman strung out on emotion with no hormone treatment and a pile of Chick Films to watch.
I'm in the West Midlands.

BP
liquorbox

Post by liquorbox »

This is a copy of your picture. The circled part is not correct.
Compare it to the other pictures for proper positioning.
Attachments
IMG_2261.JPG
junior

Post by junior »

Thanks liquorbox, I have already corrected that problem .
Thanks badpenny if I can’t get any further a road trip might be the best way forward