High top award plate

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
dirk55

High top award plate

Post by dirk55 »

Can anyone tell me if there is an award plate for a Mills high top that reads, '3 bell fruits anywhere in the window pays jackpot'? Please forgive me if this is a silly question but I am a novice so I am still learning. I should mention that when I purchased this it did not have a jackpot. But I had one fitted. It wouldn't be good for operators but it's fun for home use.

Thank you in advance, Derek
Attachments
Mills1a..jpg
Millsa.jpg
aristomatic

Re: High top award plate

Post by aristomatic »

Hello Derek,

My old pc is dead so cannot access my picture history currently. Hopefully someone else will chip in with pic of a suitable option?

From memory there are hitop award cards featuring 27 ways with bars/bell-fruit but I think they tend to either have melons and or 777s too, also 27 ways to pay? So maybe have 54 or 81 ways to win artwork too? Some maybe state pay 10 or pay maximum and not jackpot?

If award card has black background you could paint out other 1 or 2 x27 awards?

If no-one comes up with an exact option, another way may be to utilise either the arrow right of reel glass area or the jackpot glass itself or chromed plate above glass area?

Could have a decal done with bars pays jp 27 ways and place onto jackpot glass? Similar to the Jennings decal pays 18 anywhere attached. Higher cost option may be have reel glass arrow or chrome jackpot plate replaced with blanks engraved with your 3 bars anywhere pays jackpot or similar........?

Professional restorer could make embossed metal award for you using acid etch techniques but maybe higher cost than above.

Just options to consider if you cannot source original award card of course and wish to keep that 27 ways jp option.
Attachments
smd-1.jpg
widget2k4

Post by widget2k4 »

I don't think I've ever seen a Hightop that pays jackpot for 3 bars in any position but could be wrong.
I would take a guess that it has a Sega Mad Money mech in it going off your last post and pictures, and it has had different reel strips fitted. The bell fruit symbols are probably the Sega faces off the Mad Money mech - just a guess and I could be wrong. :!?!:
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

I can make any card you want in vinyl which could be attached to whatever plate you have now or better still to a new plain metal plate. Pm me if interested.
dirk55

Post by dirk55 »

Thank you for your advice.
Hi coppinpr, yes, I am interested. I will be in touch.
brigham

Post by brigham »

SEGA Mad Money pays 18 for 3 faces in view, but the jackpot is 3 bars or 3 melons in line.
Jennings TIC TAC TOE pays 18 in any position, and pays 18 plus jackpot in line.
I've never seen a machine with the jackpot paid in any position. It wouldn't be a very attractive proposition; the jackpot would never be full.
widget2k4

Post by widget2k4 »

Could quite possibly be the payout fingers are wrong way round?
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

brigham wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:06 pm Jennings TIC TAC TOE pays 18 in any position, and pays 18 plus jackpot in line.
I've never seen a machine with the jackpot paid in any position. It wouldn't be a very attractive proposition; the jackpot would never be full.
The Jennings TIC-TAC-TOE can be 9, 18 or 24. I've made top glasses for all three.
brigham

Post by brigham »

I'm now thinking that the Jennings will pay 18 for TIC TAC TOE, and probably 20+jackpot in line.
This is because the top slide has the jackpot trip on it, and it obviously can't pay 0.
(I suppose it would be technically possible to make a zero-pay slide; I just don't think anyone will have done so).
If this machine pays the jackpot for symbols in any position, it's almost certainly the machine that is wrong, not the award card. There needs to be a slide ABOVE the 'any position' payout stack which is ONLY released when the jackpot symbols are in line. This is the slide which carries the jackpot trip.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

The jackpot slide has a full length slot rather than a coin shaped hole so when it fires it does not push coins into the payout thus the jackpot slide is 0 pay, all the slides will of course fire with the jp slide so the jp will be 9,18 or 24 plus the jp. For the jp to pay on tic tac toe in any position either the vertical and /or the horizantal fingers would be screwed up(posible but unlikley) or extra holes have been drilled on the payout disc at the jp level, or more likley the retention on the jp slide is worn away and the jp slide fires when the slide just below it fires
dirk55

Post by dirk55 »

Thanks for all your replies i dont know if this helps it pays
20 coins as well as the jp.
The way this is set up is not every ones taste but we like it especially the grand kids.
Thanks Derek
Hi coppinpr I've sent you a pm
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Derek,
I didnt get your pm,lease send again.Paul..
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

It's interesting that OP only wanted an award card, and even admitted from the beginning that JP plus top pay out on three in a window wasn't conventional.
And then being the anally retentive bunch we are, the conversation quickly revolved around why and how this had happened.

And I am certainly not going to be any different!
I reckon the original top payment (having had a squint at the photos OP provided) had a top payment of 20 coins for 3 bars in any position in the window. As OP has now fitted a JP that of course is also dumped at the same time.
OP doesn't want to change this as the Grandsprogs like it.
However the "Slotty'ness" in us can't leave the idea alone "How to improve the arrangement". So totally ignoring that he has got what he wants .....
* A machine to keep his grandchildren happy ..... and quiet.
* A source for his award card.
We want to get the machine doing what it should, even though the owner doesn't.

So far as I can see the proper way to get it paying 20 plus JP for 3 in a row (standard Mills/Sega top pay out) is to remove the reel bundle and split the pay out discs in order to blank off the two outside holes on each BAR alignment. Then it'd only pay out 20 + JP on 3 BARS in a line.
However the quickest and easiest way to do it would only entail using One of these products and two butter knives to slide a blob of it in between the pay out reels and do the same. By smearing it over the top and bottom holes and onto the metal of the pay out reels I think it would set steel hard and do the same job.

As for the Grandchildren that's a much more expensive and time consuming problem, perhaps emigrating and changing your name might help.

BP
dirk55

Post by dirk55 »

Hi coppinpr
I must be doing something wrong sending you a pm. Could you please send me one and I will try to reply. Thanks.

Thanks Bp for your post it was probably my fault for not explaining myself correctly.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

No need for you to apologise. I was amused that nearly all of us focused on what it was doing and trying to advise you on one thing you hadn't a problem with. :byee:
widget2k4

Post by widget2k4 »

:lol:
brigham

Post by brigham »

I can understand why the thread went the way it did. In my real-life job, if a chap came in with, say, a '60s Lambretta scooter, and asked if I could make a gear-position strip that read 1st-3rd-N-2nd-4th, because that was what the gearbox was doing, I would want to see what was wrong with the gear linkage, rather than make-up a new indicator strip.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Have you tried checking the slack in the cable, it may be bouncing when he changes gear?
brigham

Post by brigham »

My first thought would be 'are the cables the right way round?'.
Don't forget; there's a cable to pull going 'up' the 'box, and another to come back down...
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

If it was an Ldb then I've said possibly as the cylinder was vertical with plenty of room for the cables to end up the wrong way round. However you said it was a 60s so I'd expect it to be an Li or TV, perhaps SX which are horizontal cylinders in line with the gearbox and giving less room for confusion.

Has it been converted to post decimal, or is it on imperial petrol?