Somebody knows... Maybe you?
your-such-a-slot

Re: Are these bandits any good?

Postby your-such-a-slot » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:31 am

Why do you thin i want to make money on it ?

there is no secrets the machines are in the USA

I have not seen them i just wanted a bit of advice on what to ask

its not a problem guys
i have totally got the site wrong
it is for seasoned enthusiast that not willing to let newbies in
i miss judged it

all i wanted to do was to start my own collection
i will have to re look at do i even want to do this now
if i bought one and needed help not sure i could cope with the sarcasm
in asking for help

john t peterson

Postby john t peterson » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:45 pm

U-R slots. If you read back through the postings, you will find very good advice. The problem is you're asking for something that you do not adequately define. When you ask if the slot machines in the picture are any "good," what do you really want to know? Which ones you might like? Only you can decide that. Which ones are more valuable? That depends on too many factors to address, starting with the question of what the price being asked is. The community here at Pennymachines is extremely generous with their time and information. Much of what they dispense has been gained over decades of experience. If they appear a bit prickly, it tends to be when a newbie - that would be you - says, "Tell me everything you know but I'm not going to share what information I have that may be of interest to you." This is a community of mutual shared interest. If you truly want to be a part, start with giving the information you have as to where this collection is located and how to contact the seller. If you're not willing to be a partner in spirit and fact, then it might be in your best interest to move on to another group, or hobby.

J Peterson
A fellow Yank

clubconsoles

Postby clubconsoles » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:48 pm

:byee:

downunder

Postby downunder » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:29 am

Hey, Your-such-a-slot

Sorry, I have been away and only just got back in country. Ignore all the rest, I am the true genius on this site... and I'll tell you what, from the pics you posted of those machines... Not 1 of them is worth more than a tenner, fully restored, like new, may be a 50.. Forget it. They are not for you...

coppinpr

Postby coppinpr » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:42 pm

What a truly helpful and intelligent reply. No wonder this forum has a good name for helping people out... must be a definition of "true genius" I was previously unaware of. !PUZZLED!

treefrog

Postby treefrog » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:14 pm

I think some of the posts have been removed so this thread does now seem a little different......hey ho

pennymachines
Site Admin

Postby pennymachines » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:22 pm

Apart from a message I put up for about a minute this morning and then deleted as non-constructive, nothing was removed by mods or OP as far as I'm aware... !PUZZLED!

your-such-a-slot

Postby your-such-a-slot » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:59 pm

Guys thank for all you advice, the contact i have seems to have a lot of slots i will leave it to those who have the knowledge here are the last ones i was offered i told him there not for me. i was going to have crack but not now.
20180320_155610.jpg
20180320_155559.jpg
20180412_192155.jpg

treefrog

Postby treefrog » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:20 am

I would buy in the U.K. if your based here, as having experienced shipping many times from the US, it adds massive cost and risk. The last machine some would say is worth going for, the Horsehead Bonus, not my cup of tea always looked odd in shape, but popular with others and sell in U.K. on average for around £1500....

moonriver

Postby moonriver » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:51 am

some people don't know when to go away when they say they are going to, the purpose of the latest set of photos posted being to prolong a thread which was exhausted long ago