Super Skier

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
esad757

Super Skier

Post by esad757 »

Hi.
Just recently bought a Super Skier. Have managed to get to work. Does anyone on here know about its history. When it was built etc. I’m also looking for a solenoid for the 10 slot as it’s missing. Also, where can I get some old large 10p coins? On eBay they are some for sale but silly prices.
Thanks.
brigham

Re: Super Skier

Post by brigham »

English Coin Co. on eBay is where I get all my bulk coins. Make sure you click on 'bulk coins', though, otherwise it gets expensive.
Is 'Super Skier' one of the early Bell Fruit Manufacturing consoles, with a Watling mech?
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Welcome Esad757 (you sound like The Egyptian Air flight to Abadaba Bad)

Zaccaria made a pinball called something like that.
Although, I think that might have been Ski Jump or something similar, so you see the importance of detail and even photos when asking questions on here.
You don't want to get The Elders of the Forum in a tiz and spitting their teeth out arguing the toss …. now do you?!

BP :cool:
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

1970s bandit? :!?!:
Attachments
SuperSkier.jpg
moonriver

Post by moonriver »

It has a large front opening door in a floor standing cabinet with a mechanical reel mech and a relay tray below. Two very long plastic coin tubes with solenoid payouts. It has an electromechanical credit unit which steps up and back down again, handle pull at the side. It is an acquired taste.

I remember Dransfield Novelty Co in Leeds scrapping Jennings etc and building the mechs into these 'modern' cabinets
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Is this Action Line by Dransfield? I recall other examples of these with different picture glasses.

Dransfield claim to have invented the nudge: Story of the 'Nudge'
The Dransfields Story
Attachments
action-line.jpg
moonriver

Post by moonriver »

Action Line was by bell fruit.
Dransfield did manufacture their own machines initially under Carfield and developed floor standing electromechanical/ early processor hybrid machines for their arcade and club operations that cleverly allowed them to change the glasses (and one quite basic pcb) with very little further alteration needed, saving the cost of buying in new stock from the major manufacturers.
Dransfield had a watertight rental contract which once signed by committee members there was no getting out of, and continued to use their own for a long time, despite complaints from members that they would like to play other manufactures games!
Carfield designed some very innovative awp's that were fun to play, far superior to Brenco. Some electromechanical versions have survived although those models with processor/ electromechanical mix are almost impossible to come by now which is a great shame .