Win-a-Rowntrees Help

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
brianandpat

Win-a-Rowntrees Help

Post by brianandpat »

I have an Oliver Whales Win a Rowntrees fruit gum machine, I have two problems which I hope some one will be able to help with.
1. The trigger housing has come loose. The steel wire that holds the cover in place has broken with age. Does anyone know what would be the best thing to use to repair it?
2.Inside the trigger housing is what I can best describe as a damper, What can I again use to replace it.
Thank you for reading this any help will be greatly appreciated.
:dammit:
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: Help Wanted

Post by badpenny »

Howdy ............

I had to repair a trigger housing a year or three back, I can't remember what make the machine was though, I seem to remember I soldered a lug of tin on. If that makes sense.
By damper are you describing the lump of rubber the trigger hits at the end of its journey?
If so you can still get thin layers of rubber from hobby shops which you can roll up and place in a large shoe maker's staple or similar.

Anyway that's what I'd do, if you wait a while someone else will probably come along and tell you the correct way.

Badpenny
terry

Post by terry »

when you say wire, do you mean the pins that go through the wooden backboard and hold the trigger guard against it? If so, you can still buy small split pins from a good local hardware shop and just push them through the holes in the metal guard and then through backboard. You sometimes have to drill the hole out if it is too narrow or has rusty pieces of old pin left in it! As for the rubber stop, I've found that gluing a small cork in place does the job!
brianandpat

Post by brianandpat »

Thank you both for your replies. I can see now that they are indeed split pins and will be getting some, and the rubber sounds like a good idea. I will let you know how I get on. Brian :)