BMCo. 24 Cup auto pay allwin identified

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
greg

BMCo. 24 Cup auto pay allwin identified

Post by greg »

Hi...Everyone.... I just purchased this allwin on Ebay USA. Can anyone tell me anything about it?

Thanks GREG

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-Allwins-U ... 7?var=null
Attachments
allwin.jpg
treefrog

Re: My New Allwin

Post by treefrog »

Nice Bmco Allwin from the 1930s with 24 cups. An automatic payout version as well.

Real important thing on these, does it work and is the payout carousel complete as they do get broke.

Have you got it yet and tried !!THUMBSX2!!

Cheap if complete as well.....
Check the fins are all there
widget2k4

Post by widget2k4 »

I have one of these I'm busy putting back together but there is a couple of pieces missing. If you have it, is it possible to get a few photos of the inside please so I can see what I need to make? :)
greg

Post by greg »

I just purchased the machine about an hour ago. I talked him down to $400 total for the machine and shipping. It is coming from the other side of the US so I am sure it will take a week or so to arrive.

Is that its name..."24 Cups"?

I have never seen an automatic payout machine before. Does it look complete from what you can see in picture of the inside?
greg

Post by greg »

Widget....I'll be glad to post some pictures as soon as it arrives. Hopefully mine is complete.
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Not sure if all Bmco machines have official names as there are so many variations, but would assume 24 cup automatic Allwin seems right.

From the mech, I cannot see any fins missing, but you will know when you get it and rotate it. T my untrained eye looks OK, but someone more in the know will advise.

Back of machine is missing ply, easy to sort.

By the way, I should not be responding with England playing key match, but blooming match has gone extra time... damn.
Attachments
1F20CE6E-893C-4516-95E1-F3D2C4B6CFB3.jpeg
luckystar

Post by luckystar »

Hi Greg, nice machine. They are a nightmare to get working right as the penny does not know what fin to go in. I have had four automatic pay outs and couldn't get any of them to work right. I had to put them back into auctions. Hope you have some luck with yours. Always check the shim underneath the chute which directs the coin into the fin. Pete
greg

Post by greg »

Pete, Thanks for the information. I wish it had been more like...."These machines are so simple, they practically fix themselves." But, I never sell anything so I have the rest of my life to get it right. Hopefully getting it working correctly won't be the last thing I do.

The guy I bought it from said he bought it a long time ago and never got around to doing anything to it. Maybe I can just blow of the dust and it will be fine. It is suppose to arrive Tuesday or Wednesday so as soon as it gets here I will start taking pictures and reporting on what it does and doesn't do.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Here are a few threads about the BMCo. auto pay allwins:

Question for the experts, on automatic payout allwin

B M Co Playball

and in the Arena: The B.M.Co. Coin Repeat Allwin

and this page on Melvyn Wright's site shows two 24 Cups and the video below: http://www.melright.com/slots/bmcauto.htm

greg

Re: BMCo. 24 Cup auto pay allwin identified

Post by greg »

Thank you so much for posting all those links. They are going to be a huge help solving the problems I find on my machine when it arrives.
scottie

Post by scottie »

Way to go Greg
I was looking at that and was trying to get more pictures from the seller of the carousel and the auction finished before they sent the pictures :!?!:
You will need hinges for it, but other that that it looks pretty complete.
Scottie
scottie

Post by scottie »

The picture of the carousel is from a different machine, than what I wanted to see on the seller's machine.
Scottie
Attachments
This is what i wanted to see (different machine)
This is what i wanted to see (different machine)
bmcmech5.jpg (18.17 KiB) Viewed 3310 times
s-l1600-2.jpg
s-l1600-2.jpg
s-l1600-3.jpg
s-l1600-4.jpg
greg

Post by greg »

Scottie...Oh NO! Not hinges! The one thing I don't seem to have in my supply department. I noticed in one of the pictures that one piece of a hinge was visible so I was hoping that all the other pieces might be in a sack some place and come with the machine. But, if that is the only problem with the machine, it's no problem.

I looked on Ebay and there are "lift off hinges" listed. After the machine arrives I'll know exactly what size I need and I will start my search. Who knows I might forget about Ebay and go to an actual hardware store to look for hinges.

Thanks for posting the pictures.

Does anyone know if someone still makes authentic allwin hinges?
scottie

Post by scottie »

Hi Greg
Let us know how you make out with your new find.
Looks like an easy one, a lot of them are missing a lot more the just hinges.
Scottie
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Scottie wrote: Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:52 pm p.s I will let you know how it goes..

How did it go Scottie?

greg wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:37 pm Does anyone know if someone still makes authentic allwin hinges?

This company might fit the bill: https://www.guden.com/Control/Lift-Off-Hinges
...if you cannot find the specific type of detachable hinges you are looking for, or if you require additional customization, please contact our customer service team or visit our customs site. Together, we can create the perfect custom lift off hinges for you.